Dual boot from WinX 64bit

Jeffrey C

I'm running a Toshiba laptop with 320 GB hd, WinX 64 bit and am trying to create a dual boot but it isnt letting me. Im trying to install windows 7 home premium 64 bit to enable me to run programs not yet available to WinX via Windows 7 which will run the programs but upon entering bootable ISO for Windows 7 64bit, and selecting the disk 0 Partition 4 (39.1gb total size, 38.9gb free space, type dynamic with NTFS formatting) and im getting an error message, "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation." How can i make it run Windows 7 dual boot alongside my WinX? How can i get it to install Windows 7 on that particular partition?

Hi Jeffrey,

The message is (unfortunately) pretty clear. Are you aware of the presence of the dynamic volumes on your PC?
Can you post a disk management screenshot from your XP installation?

MQUDSI: Note that I indicated WinX, sir, not WinXP. But don't worry i simply forgot an important step and now I'm running multiboot with 3 operating systems, Windows 10 x64bit, Windows 7 x64bit, and Android 5.1.1 x32 bit via RemixOS x32 bit. Actually thinking of also putting Chrome OS and Linux on it just to round it off.

Hi Jeffrey,

The message is (unfortunately) pretty clear. Are you aware of the presence of the dynamic volumes on your PC?
Can you post a disk management screenshot from your XP installation?

Welcome happy of you to join us here. We can help and if we can't answer the issue, we can direct you, at the least, towards a better direction to get an answer to your issue(s).

My problem has been solved, I was forgetting an important step. Now my one hard drive can run at my discretion, Windows 7 64bit, Windows 10 64bit, and also (without touch screen, certified Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via Remix OS 32bit complete with Google Play Store. Going to be installing Chromium OS and Linux next.

Welcome happy of you to join us here. We can help and if we can't answer the issue, we can direct you, at the least, towards a better direction to get an answer to your issue(s).

Glad your issue is resolved.
That poster was a spammer, since removed. :wink:

Back