Dual Boot Vista&Leopard on dell Inspiron 1525

This is a bit late to suggest now most likely, but might help someone else reading this thread in the future perhaps.

You did move the Page File off Vista first before attempting to shrink it, didn't you ?

The page file is "unmovable" and no amount of defragging will allow you to shrink past it.
It's easy enough to assign page space elsewhere, reboot, delete the C:\ Page file, then boot again, and those "unmovable" blocks will disappear.

This is a bit late to suggest now most likely, but might help someone else reading this thread in the future perhaps.

You did move the Page File off Vista first before attempting to shrink it, didn't you ?

The page file is "unmovable" and no amount of defragging will allow you to shrink past it.
It's easy enough to assign page space elsewhere, reboot, delete the C:\ Page file, then boot again, and those "unmovable" blocks will disappear.

Awesome idea dude, i am gonna try it out and by tomorrow i wish that i will runnin leopard and of course i am gonna give u feedback.

thnx guys for ur instant support

hey folks, i am back ..... i resize my vista partition ( Finally) after space defrag by 0&0 and after that i used Easus partition tool ( free tool). it is so awesome and so much better than the Gparted kive cd or even Parted Magic

any way now i am havin 5 partition ( 4 primary as follow " vista 200 giga, recovery 10 giga , mediadirect 2.giga, and OEM 102 mega" and an extented partition as HFS+ 20 giga)

i put the installer dvd and i followed the guide that i have about installing and i followed it very well (double check every thing) after i finished the installition, i remove the dvd as mentioned in the guide then as expected nothin went well, My vista bootloader is messed up so i fixed but the prob is wher a heck is the post-installition procees of leopard. there is no chose in the bootloader about go to leopard

the leopard now is ih half install

so what shall i do, do i have to setup again?

is the prob about the primary partitions?

any suggestion will be awesome

i am stuck

hey folks, i am back ..... i resize my vista partition ( Finally) after space defrag by 0&0 and after that i used Easus partition tool ( free tool). it is so awesome and so much better than the Gparted kive cd or even Parted Magic
Great! :smile:
any way now i am havin 5 partition ( 4 primary as follow " vista 200 giga, recovery 10 giga , mediadirect 2.giga, and OEM 102 mega" and an extented partition as HFS+ 20 giga)

i put the installer dvd and i followed the guide that i have about installing and i followed it very well (double check every thing) after i finished the installition, i remove the dvd as mentioned in the guide then as expected nothin went well, My vista bootloader is messed up so i fixed but the prob is wher a heck is the post-installition procees of leopard. there is no chose in the bootloader about go to leopard

the leopard now is ih half install

so what shall i do, do i have to setup again?

is the prob about the primary partitions?

any suggestion will be awesome

i am stuck
Ok, is your problem that the installation of leopard never completed, or is it just the vista boot menu has no option yet to boot into leopard?
If it is the latter, then that can be easily fixed by going into EasyBCD in Vista, and adding an entry to your vista boot menu under the Add/Remove Entries section, under the Mac tab. :wink: If you have any problems with that method (some do), then you have the option of using NeoGrub (under the NeoGrub tab in EasyBCD) to boot into leopard. You will just need to add an entry to your Neogrub menu.lst.

If your problem's the former, it sounds like you need to redo the installation process again, and let it do its thing, before restoring the Vista bootloader with the vista dvd/our recovery disk, using Startup Repair 2-3 times (it can only fix one problem per pass).

Ok, is your problem that the installation of leopard never completed, or is it just the vista boot menu has no option yet to boot into leopard?
If it is the latter, then that can be easily fixed by going into EasyBCD in Vista, and adding an entry to your vista boot menu under the Add/Remove Entries section, under the Mac tab. :wink: If you have any problems with that method (some do), then you have the option of using NeoGrub (under the NeoGrub tab in EasyBCD) to boot into leopard. You will just need to add an entry to your Neogrub menu.lst.

If your problem's the former, it sounds like you need to redo the installation process again, and let it do its thing, before restoring the Vista bootloader with the vista dvd/our recovery disk, using Startup Repair 2-3 times (it can only fix one problem per pass).

Hey Dude, As the guide mentions, after installation Process ( it took only 7 Min:tongueout:)

A new windows pop up to restart to complete the installation( Apple ID, Keyboard layout,...etc)

i just removed the dvd from the lab and i restart and Bam:scared:, An error Poped up That

say ( Boot 0 : error )

it suppose to go to the post installation:x

I don't know what's the problem

i am gonna redo the install again ( even so , i think it is about the boot not the install process) and let u guys know.

P.S This Forum is awesome& all members are are very helpful ( Rock On GuYs:booyah:smile:

Ok, so yeah, you were supposed to let it finish doing "its thing" before you took the disk out. At this point, I doubt there's any solution but reinstall. :wink:
Of course you can always try inserting the disk again, and see if it picks up where it left off, but I highly doubt it...
Once you got Leopard installed, then make sure to run Startup Repair on the vista dvd 2-3 times to put Vista's bootloader back in charge. Then simply add an entry to your Vista boot menu to boot Leopard.

Jake

i get it done

simply, i add the entry inj easybcd and bam when i retsart the bootloader works like a charm

i did the post install and now i am in mac

Awesome dudes

work very well&boot faster than vista

P.S Vista Sucks&Apple Rocks

Do you got internet (wired and wireless) and everything working now inside Leopard?

Yep Dude, everything work like a charm ( Ethernet, wireless, bluetooth, SD Card, Media Key, Sound, And Everything that i know and i deal with )

it is awesome& if u have one, u should try it out

Back