Dual boot win7 with Mac OSX Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleb1995

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Ql-65 processor. I used Ipc 10.5.6 and burned it to an DVD+R disk. When I turn off my computer and restart it the disk is supposed to automatically load and for some reason it wont load and go straight to Windows 7. I have already partitioned my hard drive. Any thing I should be doing?

To get there when the computer turns on you press F2 and it goes to setup you move DVD Boot to the top of the boot menu right? Because thats what I did, It still wouldn't load. Should I be using a different type of disk or use an external disk reader? OR does my computer just not recognize it for some reason?

Addendum:

Also should I be using a different program because I went to OSX86 Project and it said for AMD use IPC, I also already tried Iatkos v7, is there anything else I should try?

Last edited:
To get there when the computer turns on you press F2 and it goes to setup you move DVD Boot to the top of the boot menu right? Because thats what I did, It still wouldn't load. Should I be using a different type of disk or use an external disk reader? OR does my computer just not recognize it for some reason?
Are you sure you burned it right? Try using ImgBurn to burn the .iso image file to the dvd.

Are you trying to install the Ipc 10.5.6 or do you just need help getting the dual boot working after the install?

I have Ipc 10.5.6 on a DVD+R i burned it twice plus i tried Iatkos, i used power2go and poweriso to burn it, im gonna try imgburn to see if that works. I also tried using DVD-R. When I turn off my computer, I put the disk in, and then the computer finishes shuting down. I then turn on the computer and displays the Gateway loading screen. When I have easyBCD on it goes to the boot menu and then I can press F8 on Windows for more options or run normally. If i choose the Mac entry it asks to press "enter" or "F8" so if i press "enter it runs Win7 normally and if I press "F8" it asks which hard drive i want to recover. From there I exit because that isnt correct. When i dont have easy BCD on it boots windows normally. I also moved the option to boot the CD/DVD drive first but that didnt change anything. I am not sure if I burnt it wrong or if my computer is just not recognizing the disk, but once the computer is on, i can go to my computer and choose the CD/DVD drive and it shows the disk with the Ipc iso and all the files on it. Sry for the long explaination, Im just confused why it wont work. I know what to do once the disk loads and Darwin bootloader starts.

Sorry but we can not help support installing of OS X on a PC. We can only help support getting the dual boot working after you have it installed.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back