Dual boot XP Pro on ext eSATA HDD with Vista 32 bit preinstalled on internal HDD?

I can at least say one thing about Vista while it did see quite a delay is that I see hardly any error messages popping up out of nowhere over what was seen in previous versions. That's going back here to the MSDos/Windows 3.1 days at that. Even without SP1 and now SP2 beta on it has proven itself quite a bit more stable in the long run.

Perhaps this may shed light on what you folks are talking about:

http://bink.nu/news/microsoft-breaks-silence-on-windows-7-no-new-kernel.aspx

From a non-tech user perspective, must confess it should make little or no difference either way - the OS, in my view, should always remain totally transparent to the user - less bloat, perceptibly zippy performance and above all solid reliable stability. Anything less is a failure. Sure, other factors such as price and hassle-free transition (i.e. not dependent on new hardware, easy migration etc) are also key.

The biggest challenge for MS is probably in timing the launch given worsening global economic woes. My money would be on a date not later than Nov 09 (to feed the Xmas frenzy) and would not be surprised at all if it is much earlier. MS focus on botom line will surely drive this (OK, cynical, I concede)!.

With the Beta so close we will certainly see from Mak's feedback and that of others just how good 7 is likely to prove.

Last edited:
I never put too much emphasis on a good deal of these popup blogs while I can gather from what Mak has been pointing out that some serious revision of the kernel and other things will be realized once the final versions are out for each edition there. Even the first beta when finally out will be leaving room for fixing any bugs found then as well as other improvements.

That was said when Vista was being mentioned. I think MS is learning ways to improve on what was seen in Vista as well as implimenting some newer ideas.

The moment of anticipation of course will actually be seen when the finished version is finally out. Then and only then you will statr hearing the likes and dislikes from people who go right after it then.

Season's greetings and Happy New Year to all Forum members!

Let's pray for a peaceful year ahead.

Attachments

• 0_Indigo_Earth.gif
    0_Indigo_Earth.gif
    150.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 8540-015-06-1042.gif
    8540-015-06-1042.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Merry Christmas everybody !
(As a life-long atheist, I say that in an en-embracing, completely secular, seasons greetings, sort of way)

Since there are all types of holidays during this time of year I'll simply add "HAPPY HOLIDAYS! EVERYONE" here. :grinning:

Back