Dual Booting Vista & Fedora 10

Can someone give me a one-word answer: EasyBCD 2.0 solves the Fedora problem?

Answer: Yes

Explaination: Yeah 2.0 does work, its just I had a little negativity about it starting off because of other recent posters who not appeared to get thier Fedora installs working. In the end it was just a misconfigured menu.lst, which happens quite often, so Yes it works just fine.

Not here... using BCDeasy 2.0 beta, Windows 7 and Fedora 10

Easybcd will try to find /boot/grub/menu.lst but fedora puts /boot in a separate partition so you should change it to only /grub/menu.lst or /grub/grub.conf since menu.lst is just a link to grub.conf
(There's no /boot/ directory because the whole partition is mounted as /boot)

I have another problem, though, with windows 7
I get a message like
Try (hd0,0) :NTFS5 : No neogrub
After sometime it finds neogrub on (hd0,1) and then it can load Fedora

This is probably related to windows 7 creating a partition for its boot files. Windows bootmgr stays on that partition at hd(0,0) but neogrub is in windows normal partition at (hd0,1).

How do I make the bootmgr open neogrub.mbr directly in hd(0,1)?

Am I making sense?

Hi panurge, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

I'm afraid I don't understand the second half of your post.

With regards to the first half though, the next build of EasyBCD 2.0 should feature support for many different menu.lst paths, other than the Debian default of /boot/grub/menu.lst

I did not mean to say the program don`t work... it just does not work automatically. As I understand, that`s the main goal of the app, to work automagically. So that`s why I said the problem is not solved. Anyway... it`s a simple fix and it does work after that... cheers.

The second part of my problem is also solved. The problem was related to windows 7 new boot partition. I had a problem because neogrub was on (hd0,1) but during boot, bcd would search for neogrub on hd(0,0). I solved it by mouting the boot partition and giving it a letter. Then I deleted the old entry and added a new one and now easybcd installed the neogrub files on the boot partition and all is fine.

Thanks for the app.

You're welcome.

I understand you meant "automatically" grabbing menu.lst with other configurations - and that's what the next EasyBCD build will do :smile:

Back