due to change of hardware or software windows cannot start up please insert your...

georgepctt

Hi, Please help ! The system is 3 months old ...Its has 2 Hdisks 1 pci-E Revodrive from OCZ 120 GB and one 1 TB samsung 7200 RPM. Revo drive = Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bits and Samsung drive = XP pro 32bits which was installed first... With easyBCD it was working perfectly untill last sunday ... XP was installed first ! Then, during start-up Ive got the message : "due to a change of hardware or software windows cannot start up please insert your... etc etc etc) This was not a BSOD message because It was written in black & white... Inserting a XP CD or Win 7 does not help. The system sees the instaldisc but falls as sleep .... Does anyone have an Idea what I can do ? Thanks in advance, George

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Do you see "press any key to boot from CD" when you power up with the W7 DVD in the tray ?
If not, set the BIOS to boot CD before HDD.
Also, try eject/reinsert (laptop) or disconnect/reconnect (desktop) both HDDs to clean up the connections.

georgepctt

Do you see "press any key to boot from CD" when you power up with the W7 DVD in the tray ? If not, set the BIOS to boot CD before HDD. Also, try eject/reinsert (laptop) or disconnect/reconnect (desktop) both HDDs to clean up the connections.
Bios setting is correct because I can see "press any key to boot from CD" but then nothing happens ... A few weeks ago I had a similar problem with a laptop. Then the Hdisks was destroyed ( after 6 months). But in this (desktop) case there are 2 Hdisks .... So if is there is a Hdisk faillure of one of these 2 hdisks then why doesn't easyBCD see the other one ? Unless both Hdisks are destroyed of course, But This I find this hard to believe ... Any Ideas ? Thanks in advance , George

Terry60

Staff member
Did you press a key when asked ?

Terry60

Staff member
If it does absolutely nothing, then it could be that it's not configured the keyboard yet, and doesn't see your keypress.
Are you using a USB keyboard ?
If so try connecting it via a PS2 adapter (or borrow a PS2 keyboard from an old PC).
That doesn't need to load USB drivers before you can use it.