due to change of hardware or software windows cannot start up please insert your...

Hi, Please help ! The system is 3 months old ...Its has 2 Hdisks 1 pci-E Revodrive from OCZ 120 GB and one 1 TB samsung 7200 RPM. Revo drive = Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bits and Samsung drive = XP pro 32bits which was installed first... With easyBCD it was working perfectly untill last sunday ... XP was installed first ! Then, during start-up Ive got the message : "due to a change of hardware or software windows cannot start up please insert your... etc etc etc) This was not a BSOD message because It was written in black & white... Inserting a XP CD or Win 7 does not help. The system sees the instaldisc but falls as sleep .... Does anyone have an Idea what I can do ? Thanks in advance, George

Do you see "press any key to boot from CD" when you power up with the W7 DVD in the tray ?
If not, set the BIOS to boot CD before HDD.
Also, try eject/reinsert (laptop) or disconnect/reconnect (desktop) both HDDs to clean up the connections.

Do you see "press any key to boot from CD" when you power up with the W7 DVD in the tray ? If not, set the BIOS to boot CD before HDD. Also, try eject/reinsert (laptop) or disconnect/reconnect (desktop) both HDDs to clean up the connections.
Bios setting is correct because I can see "press any key to boot from CD" but then nothing happens ... A few weeks ago I had a similar problem with a laptop. Then the Hdisks was destroyed ( after 6 months). But in this (desktop) case there are 2 Hdisks .... So if is there is a Hdisk faillure of one of these 2 hdisks then why doesn't easyBCD see the other one ? Unless both Hdisks are destroyed of course, But This I find this hard to believe ... Any Ideas ? Thanks in advance , George

If it does absolutely nothing, then it could be that it's not configured the keyboard yet, and doesn't see your keypress.
Are you using a USB keyboard ?
If so try connecting it via a PS2 adapter (or borrow a PS2 keyboard from an old PC).
That doesn't need to load USB drivers before you can use it.

Back