EASY BCD ADDING WINDOWS BOOT MANGER

ram4

I am using Asus windows 8.1 X64 laptop.
I un-installed Easy BCD and later I re-installed it.
It has added “Windows Boot manager” to Boot menu. I deleted this entry andre-booted the computer. This entry came back. I tried several times.
What is the problem?

Now when I boot the computer I get Windows Boot mangermenu. Before I was getting boot menu from Easy BCD
What is the problem?

Thanks

There is no boot menu from EasyBCD.
EasyBCD alters the contents of the MS boot manager's BCD store
It's still MS bootmgr displaying the menu and always has been.

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain my problem

1) windows boot manger entry added to EasyBCD

Please refer to attachments

I have originally setup as shown easy_OLS_1 and easy_OLD_2
somehow it got changed to easy_New_1 and easy_New_2

I did NOT add entry for windows Boot manager and Hard drive.
If I delete them they get added automatically

What am I doing wrong?

-----

2) When I boot - selection menu

When I used to boot I was getting a selection menu as shown in easy_OLD_boot
Now I am getting as shown in easy_new_boot

What am I doing wrong?

How can I fix these problems

Thank you very much

om EasyBCD.
EasyBCD alters the contents of the MS boot manager's BCD store
It's still MS bootmgr displaying the menu and always has been.

Attachments

• easy_New_1.jpg
    easy_New_1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2
  • easy_New_2.jpg
    easy_New_2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 3
  • easy_OLD_1.jpg
    easy_OLD_1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 4
  • easy_OLD_2.jpg
    easy_OLD_2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • easy_OLD_boot.jpg
    easy_OLD_boot.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 3
  • easy_New_Boot.JPG
    easy_New_Boot.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 4
Those options are an automatic creation by W8.1 UEFI, not by EasyBCD.
If you start deleting or messing with them you're quite likely to break the UEFI boot
On my W7/8.1 dual boot (which incidentally is pure MS, no intervention by EasyBCD at all), there's a whole string of boot options in the BCD for all of the USB sticks plugged in, despite the fact that none of them is bootable. The UEFI BIOS in conjunction with the 8.1 bootmgr, creates an entry in the BCD for every potentially bootable device.
Get used to the fact that UEFI looks nothing like anything that's gone before, and leave it alone.
As long as you have the options you require in your boot menu to choose between, don't worry about what the BCD looks like.
Incidentally, if you change the default boot to be not 8.1, you will lose the GUI menu and the old W7 DOS-like appears.
That's nothing to do with EasyBCD either, it happened on my system just by choosing W7 as the default from the W8 GUI.
Those extra BCD entries will suddenly appear as options when you enter the extended W8 GUI where the repair and recovery choices live.
They are part and parcel of the four partitions which the W8 install creates, two of which are inaccessible to the user, and the fourth completely invisible except to the diskpart command-line.

Hi Terry
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
It is surprising that 2 identical laptops (they are clone copy of oS) have different options in Easy BCD.

My default boot is Win 8.1. Why am I not getting GUI menu?

Thanks again for your help

My guess is, that altering the boot menu in any way from the one created by W8, loses the GUI, whether that's by changing the default from within the GUI (as I did) or by modifying or removing entries with EasyBCD.
It's not something that bothers me at all.
I don't much care whether for two seconds during the short UEFI boot process the screens flash black or light blue. I'm not generally there to see anyway. I generally turn on the power supply, hit the tit and make a pot of tea. By time I get to the PC, it's already just sitting waiting for me to do something in W7 and it's of little interest what happened in the interim as long as the end result is the one wanted.

Back