EasyBCD Deployment License

rlaycock

I emailed "Sales" but have had no response in 10 days. I figure that email is pointless so here I am.
I've bought 1 orig EasyBCD and 3 deployments. I don't understand the licensing. The downloads appear identical but if I'm not mistaken I had to use the second file of the same name to work on the three deployed stations. I've got another 4 to 7 to work on. I'd like a more thorough explanation of how the licensing works.
Somewhere on your site it mentioned a discount for multiples. Does this offer apply to me or does that kick in at a higher qty?

R.

We have no information about quantity discounts.
Please check you Junk/Spa m folders, with Gmail check those also online at Gmail.com, also check your ISP's online Junk/Spam folders. Normally an auto-reply is sent immediately then a proper response 2-3 days later.
If there is no trace at all of a response, try usinf a different "From" email address if possible.

Peter,
I check all that as a matter of course every day. Forget about it. That's water under the bridge.
I asked two simple questions.
1. How do you track the licenses?
2. Is there some invisible difference between the exe sent when I buy the deployment vs. the exe sent on my original purchase?

I'm asking #2 because when I "deployed" the original EasyBCD exe on the new workstations the proper licensing dialog did not appear. When I ran the one downloaded at the deployment purchase I got the proper dialog for that purpose. Yet the files are identical in name and size. How the heck am I supposed to tell them apart? I've never anything like it. Maybe I'm just confused.

Reply or post a license info doc right here on the Forum. Or email me at my member email address.

R.

I've never used anything but the free version but isn't there something on the user interface Help > About ??

The EasyBCD deployment licenses are a license to use the bootloader components of EasyBCD independent of EasyBCD itself. An EasyBCD license is required per device or per user using EasyBCD.

A common usage of EasyBCD is to set up an image with a multiboot configuration utilizing EasyBCD boot components then clone it to multiple PCs. If the boot configuration is cloned to PCs but EasyBCD itself is removed beforehand, a discounted "deployment license" may be used instead of the full-cost EasyBCD license for each cloned target.

For the case where you are actually using EasyBCD on multiple machines/by multiple users, separate "full" EasyBCD licenses should be purchased instead.

Last edited:
Back