EasyBCD Edit won't load using Win 7 64 bit

jgcjr

Hi,
New to this forum and looking for help.
I am running Win 7 64 bit HP on a Asus V Maximus Gene mob with a Intel 3570k chip.
I am using two SSD's: One with Win 7 the other with 8.1 (new update). This is not a true dual boot system. I have been using EasyBCD 2.2 to configure the boot order in the Windows Boot Manager. My Win 8.1 works fine along with the EasyBCD installed there.

I recently had to do a "upgrade" (Win 7 was messed up) re-install of Win 7 using my MS Win 7 install disk. With this "upgrade" all apps and programs are saved and re-installed in the "upgraded" new Win 7.

My problem is that when I click on the EasyBCD 2.2 icon in Win 7 nothing happens. I have uninstalled the app and downloaded the app and re-installed two or 3 time. The boot sequence is working as the Windows Boot Manager screen show both Win 7 and Win 8.1. I have the default boot set to Win 7. In the Asus Bios I have set the SSD with Win 8.1 as the first/default to load (read this in a Windows Asus forum that this was the correct order) this is when the Windows Boot Manager presents the choice of what operating system (SSD) to boot to and I have Win 7 as the default boot.

Before ""upgrading" my Win 7 I had no problems with EasyBCD 2.2.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Please run the task manager, make sure "all accounts" is checked, and see if in the detailed processes tab you see any of {EasyBCD, bcdedit.exe, bootgrabber.exe} after trying to launch EasyBCD.

Please run the task manager, make sure "all accounts" is checked, and see if in the detailed processes tab you see any of {EasyBCD, bcdedit.exe, bootgrabber.exe} after trying to launch EasyBCD.

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I ran Task Manager and there was no evidence under any of the tabs that referred to EasyBCD, bcdedit,exe or bootgrabber.exe.

What about the Windows event viewer, any log entries pertaining to EasyBCD after it fails to run?

Interesting. I'll open a bug for that, see if I can pin down the root cause. Glad your PC is working again.

Back