[FIXED] [EBCD-414] EasyBCD does not detect XP installation

OK, I apologize for being a complete computer neophyte. I don't understand a lot of the jargon previously posted on this thread. But my problem sounds similar to those posted here, and I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind walking a computer moron through the issue.

I have Windows 7 installed on a SSD, my C: drive. I then partitioned a separate hard drive and installed Windows XP x64 on one of those partitions. Of course, on reboot, my computer only recognizes the XP installation. I installed EasyBCD 2.2, but every time i try to "Add New Entry", I get the following error message: "EasyBCD failed to detect a valid installation of Windows NT-2003 on all drives and was unable to continue."

So in this thread there was previously posted an instruction to replace the BootGrabber.exe file. What does this mean? How specifically do I do this?

You will first have to go into the BCD Backup/Repair section. There you will have to re-create/repair boot files. Winodws XP does not use the BCD which is why you get that error. Once you do this you should be able to boot back into Windows 7, then add the entry for XP X64.

Back