Help - Win XP and Win 7 on separate HDDS - dualboot needed

markmko

Hi

I need to retain my current Win XP 32 bit setup, so I've used Acronis TI 2010 to transfer it to a 2nd preference HDD. Win XP 32 wouldn't run setup.exe for Win 7 64 bit, so I booted from the DVD and installed Win 7 on my 1st preference HDD.

I've installed EasyBCD 2.0 onto my Win 7 HDD, but the dualboot option obtained (Win 7 first, Win XP second) only allows me to boot into Win 7.

Can you please help -- I've tried various EasyBCD options, but I've not managed!

Hi Mark, welcome to NST

If you delete the entry for XP and add a new one it should work. Let it autoconfigure.

delete and readd entry in BCD2

I also had a similar issue which was not fixed by 1.7 but worked beautifully in version 2 beta96

Many thanks to Mahmoud for saving me from a complete reinstallation of Win7 and Server 2003.

rpsf

I've installed EasyBCD 2.0 onto my Win 7 HDD, but the dualboot option obtained (Win 7 first, Win XP second) only allows me to boot into Win 7.
What exactly happens when you select the XP entry in the boot menu and press Enter?
Do you get an NTLDR missing error?

Jake, might want to check the date on that post. He hasn't replied so I assume he fixed his problem.

Jake, might want to check the date on that post. He hasn't replied so I assume he fixed his problem.
Right. :smile: Well, that's never stopped me before...
I saw this thread in the "New Posts" section, so I visited it, and replied.
Someone else who stumbles upon this later might find it useful.

Back