Hidden partitions. Am I in serious trouble?

I think you should be able to use the full system "Complete Backup" feature after clearing the Raidset....

Ok I will try that.. But I need to get rid of the Boot Sector virus too I Reckon?

Something stange happend. Can you explain the following to me:

I just unplugged the harddisk that is not part of my raidset. It is a ordinary IDE disk containg 2 partitions with data. And Guess what.. My system booted straight into XP. Now how is that possible?

And how can I now fix my dualboot and get reid of the virus at the same time

Last edited:
Sounds like that drive was set as the boot target - and it contained the virus in its bootsector, but to double-check make sure you can boot into the Vista DVD with that drive unplugged.

Do you have a virus scanner installed in XP?

No, still the same situation...The system freezes on the curtains. It still boots straight away into XP

When I use EasyBCD a error message appears:

EasyBCD has detected that you BCD boot data an MBR are either not from the latest version, or do not exist.

If you'd like Easy BCD to correct etc etc.

I have AVG virus scanner

Last edited:
Well, repairing the bootloader at this point with EasyBCD is kinda pointless since you still don't have that Vista DVD issue sorted out... If you unplug the RAID and leave the other drive in, can you boot into the Vista DVD? If so, that's definitely a problem with the RAID config.

I cleared the raid system as suggested by you. After that, booting from DVD worked fine again and I succesfully restored both partitons. Quite a relief.

But still I am not sure if I have a boot sector virus. My AVG anti virus program did not detect anything sofar.

So I now should take your advise (#6) and be patient? Any Idea when the new program will be available?

Glad to hear it. Your RAID has its own bootsector, if you had a virus it was there and now its gone :smile:

No definite word on a release date, but we're working on it.

Ok txz for your help

Although I am not there yet, I'll chipped in today as a small token of my appreciation.

Last edited:
Back