I can't Boot from CD/DVD after I used EasyBCD

circlemaker

Hello,

I had a triple boot going for a bit in this order of install
1-Vista
2-Ubuntu
3-OSX

I was trying to find a way of cleaning up the mess I made (I had also previously installed kubuntu and fedora 8) and so my google search ended up here. I downloaded, installed and ran EasyBCD. It cleaned the mess right up. While I was in windows, I thought I'd delete the ubuntu and OSX partitions and do them from scratch now that I have a cool boot utility. But now, I can't boot from CD/DVD it just jumps right into vista. My Bios states that the CD/DVD is at the TOP of the boot order. However, it will not boot from CD/DVD. When I select boot menu during power up, it only lists the harddrives and not the CD/DVD. Since this wasn't an issue before I installed and ran EasyBCD, I am guessing that it is most likely the culprit here.

Any advice?

Thanks,
:happy:

Hello Circlemaker and Welcome to NeoSmart Technologies!

EasyBCD would not cause this. That is at the BIOS level which EasyBCD does not affect. Have you tried to reset your BIOS to factory defaults?

Last edited:
Mak's right, EasyBCD does not come into play until *after* the BIOS has handed off control of the PC to the hard drive - and that's the problem you're having.

Are your CD drives SATA or IDE?

Back