IIS 6 + Tomcat 5.5

skv

Hi All,
I'm in bit trouble with this setup.
My current environment is Win 2003 Server SP2 + IIS 6 + Tomcat 5.5.23.
I read a lot of documentation, and I followed the step-by-step guide in this website (http://neosmart.net/blog/2006/configuring-jsp-for-iis/), but it doesn’t work for me.

This is the problem: when I request a servlet or a JSP I get a 404 error. If I request a normal HTML file, there isn’t any problem.

I have the green arrow, the "web service extension" is allowed, the isapi_redirect is the latest version (but I tried also an older version), I have the "jakarta" virtual directory configured properly, I have the "example" virtual directory configured properly, I copied the DLL in /bin (but I tried with /bin/win/i386 and with /conf, obviously changing the path on IIS configuration), in the tomcat/logs/isapi.log there isn’t any error, I tried the IIS 5 isolation mode too (without any success). The Isapi_redirector DLL permissions are "Read" and "Read & Execute" for Everyone.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated!
Thanks!

PS: sorry for the support request on your blog :wink:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
If you try to access that page by going through tomcat (localhost:8080) does it work?

JJR

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I can load http://localhost:8080 as well as the website I'm trying to setup. I get the 404 error when attempting to connect to the website from a different network. If I remove index.jsp from "Properties/Documents" on the same website I get a different message. Directory Listing Denied - This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
You should probably try posting this on ServerFault. Our guide is for ancient versions of TomCat and IIS, and is probably no longer applicable.

JJR

Hi,

I finally got the pages to load without using //localhost:8080 but now I am unable to see the pages from outside of the network. I'm trying to setup a website that is using jsp pages served through IIS 6. I'm using Tomcat 5.5 but would be happy to use any version of Tomkat and redirector as long as I can get the website to work.

Thanks

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sounds like an issue with your firewall. Make sure IIS is listening on all IP addresses and the port is unblocked.