IIS 6 + Tomcat 5.5

skv

Hi All,
I'm in bit trouble with this setup.
My current environment is Win 2003 Server SP2 + IIS 6 + Tomcat 5.5.23.
I read a lot of documentation, and I followed the step-by-step guide in this website (http://neosmart.net/blog/2006/configuring-jsp-for-iis/), but it doesn’t work for me.

This is the problem: when I request a servlet or a JSP I get a 404 error. If I request a normal HTML file, there isn’t any problem.

I have the green arrow, the "web service extension" is allowed, the isapi_redirect is the latest version (but I tried also an older version), I have the "jakarta" virtual directory configured properly, I have the "example" virtual directory configured properly, I copied the DLL in /bin (but I tried with /bin/win/i386 and with /conf, obviously changing the path on IIS configuration), in the tomcat/logs/isapi.log there isn’t any error, I tried the IIS 5 isolation mode too (without any success). The Isapi_redirector DLL permissions are "Read" and "Read & Execute" for Everyone.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated!
Thanks!

PS: sorry for the support request on your blog :wink:

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I can load http://localhost:8080 as well as the website I'm trying to setup. I get the 404 error when attempting to connect to the website from a different network. If I remove index.jsp from "Properties/Documents" on the same website I get a different message. Directory Listing Denied - This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
You should probably try posting this on ServerFault. Our guide is for ancient versions of TomCat and IIS, and is probably no longer applicable.

Hi,

I finally got the pages to load without using //localhost:8080 but now I am unable to see the pages from outside of the network. I'm trying to setup a website that is using jsp pages served through IIS 6. I'm using Tomcat 5.5 but would be happy to use any version of Tomkat and redirector as long as I can get the website to work.

Thanks

Sounds like an issue with your firewall. Make sure IIS is listening on all IP addresses and the port is unblocked.

Back