Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1

why would it make a difference speed wise witch explorer i use? doesn't it still depend on my internet speed?

I uninstalled it by following peter's advice, (i was looking under the wrong name) but thanks anyways.

@aligator: it depends on how the browser renders the page, Opera shows each part of the page as it loads IE waits for it to all load then shows it

why would it make a difference speed wise witch explorer i use? doesn't it still depend on my internet speed?

Yes and no. Yes it depends on how fast your internet can load the page but each browser loads the page different. Safari wait till it has almost hte whole page in que before it shows you anything.

Opera loads the GFX and that real fast but the other info comes in slower than that.

Firefox is a lot like Ie in its renedering. It gets part of the content and loads that then some of the GFX and such.

IE is horrible when it comes to loading. Since IE is the worst browser to code for. As of right now with IE7 it follows only Microsoft standards and they are no where near where they should be.

This is why it "seems" that some browsers are faster than other is because of how they load the page over the others. Also known as how they render a page or the CSS for that page and so on. Yes Internet speed is a factor as someone on dial up will not load this page faster than someone in China with the 1.5GB/s net. But they can use something like Opera and load a page faster than they would with IE.:wink:

Addendum:

Sweet. Thanks for pointing this out. Didnt not notice it till now. I have installed it and went on a massive bug hunt.

Reported about 30 different things already. 2 from here about the poor rendering.:brows:

Addendum:

Cool. Click add reply with the Quick reply once and it adds 2 replies. Another report. :smile:

Last edited:
Poor old Microsoft wont know what's hit them. Judging by the forums elsewhere, they have their hands full with this baby.

More importantly, this is the reason MS did not want IE8 to revert to standards mode by default (what you see now is standards mode) and users would have to opt-in in order to not use the IE7 Emulation option.... But people complained and called it a "backwards-progress" move, bashing MS and IE for being stupid by insisting it would "break the web."

Perhaps MS should have released this before declaring their intentions, then people would see why they had picked that originally. But now it's too late since MS has already backed down...

Of course this is better for the web in the long-run, but it's going to hurt real bad when IE8 goes RTM......

(On a side note: NeoSmart.net/* displays quite well! Won't need much more than a couple of minor tweaks here and there to set the rendering straight!)

I've uninstalled IE8 now, the font looked different here, but the page displayed OK in general after I'd installed the flash add-in for your fund raiser thingamajig.

I can't remember what exactly it said, but the minute I clicked on the main forum index I was asked to install a "flash object" I think....LOL

Anyway, I know your fundraiser thing then worked, so it must have installed OK. That was in XP Pro mind you.

Yes Guru your site did fair well with IE8 so far. I did report a few thigns with the posting screens and how it automatically posted twice for me when i only clicked once. but other than that you faired way better than the other vB site i go to.

Strage. It did for me 3 times. Once here and twice on a IPB forum.

*Edit*

Alright after installing it on XP and using it i noticed 2 things. This did not happen to me on XP. It was only Vista that doulbe posted. Very Strange to me on that.

IE8 starts off fast. On XP here it was great using it. Pages loded quick and everything. But now after an hour it seems to be locking up for a few seconds after each post and taking longer to load pages now. At the same time using more Resources. Not good. Time to file another report. :smile:

Last edited:
yeah i noticed Ronin had some double-posts right after each other while mine automatically merges after refreshing the page but whatever

Strage. It did for me 3 times. Once here and twice on a IPB forum.

*Edit*

Alright after installing it on XP and using it i noticed 2 things. This did not happen to me on XP. It was only Vista that doulbe posted. Very Strange to me on that.

IE8 starts off fast. On XP here it was great using it. Pages loded quick and everything. But now after an hour it seems to be locking up for a few seconds after each post and taking longer to load pages now. At the same time using more Resources. Not good. Time to file another report. :smile:
For the record (once more :wink:): I was/am using IE8 on Windows Vista x64 SP1, Ultimate Edition.

I was using it on Vista 32 Bit SP1. :wink: That is where it did that everytime. Now on XP it doesnt reproduce it. While you are on 64 Bit. So it seems that either A.) something is wrong with my Vista install (Most likely) or B.) there is a but in the 32 Bit Vista version.

IF Ron!n did it is somewhere else not this thread. But if so cool at least it isnt just me going crazy. :smile:

Back