Ireboot 2 does not work on windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Ireboot 2 a while ago and installed it on Windows 10 to boot into Windows 7. It does nothing when I click on it in Windows 10 but works fine in Windows 7. To use Windows 7 I have to either restart or shut down the machine and select Windows 7 from the boot options. All so when I bought it I received a licence key but I don't know where it goes or what to do with it.

I also uninstalled ireboot 2.0.1 because after using it twice to reboot it loses its right-click functionality in Windows 10 rendering it useless.

Any fix for this?

I got that a few times. Version 2.0.1 is Win 10 ready . Try uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh copy from the website.

I forgot to add make sure you run the installer using the right-click "Run as Administrator" option.

Thanks for your reply. I installed a fresh copy with administrator rights, right-click menu still doesn't work still rendering ireboot 2.0.1 useless on my Windows 10-machine.

BTW you mentioned that you bought it....it's free unless used in commercial situations, so you may obtain a refund if you wish by reading here: Refund Policy - NeoSmart Technologies

Also 1 other question, I assume you have EasyBCD installed on one of your OS's, which one? Also which one is your default system, 10 or 7 ?

Hi Peter,

I didn't mention I bought a licence, I'm using the non-commercial version.

To answer your other question, i installed EasyBCD on the Windows 10 OS, not on other OS's. Windows 7 is my default OS.

I have tried all of the suggestions that have been made, thanks for the advice, and none of it works. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes Ireboot will work and sometimes not. It's not important just frustrating. I don't like things that don't work.

I have exactly the same problem with iReboot.
I have 3 Win 10 bootable partitions set up in EasyBCD. Win 10 is my only OS.
I attach a copy EasyBCD's "Detailed Mode" output.
Cheers
Gerry

Attachments

• ireboot.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 5
Cheers
Gerry
ETA
I have un installed iReboot.
When I reboot my PC I don't see the boot selection menu, it just boots into the OS partition I shut down.
Cheers
Gerry

Cheers
Gerry

To specify, your problem is no right-click menu in iReboot?

Same problem here. NO right click.
Dual boot system Win7-Win10 (both 64bit if that may be important)

Attachments

• EasyBCD_detailed.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
Just upgraded my Win 10 to version 1709, and the iReboot icon just will NOT appear in the tray after restart.
In the Win 10, I've turned on "Run as Administrator" in iReboot.exe and iRebootd.exe and in all the startup links for iReboot I can find.
I can start iReboot manually and then get the icon.
But I want it to start automatically again, as it used to do.
Right now, in the Win 10 after restart (before I try to start iReboot manually), the process iRebootd.exe is running (note the "d"), and the service iReboot is running. However the process iReboot.exe (without the "d") is NOT running.
And I already UNinstalled and reinstalled iReboot.
What should I do now?
FYI - my Dell PC dual-boots 7 and 10, both 64-bit.

Uninstall using Control Panel > Programs and Features.
Restart and then install from iReboot
Reboot and it should work OK.

Last edited:
Ex_Brit - Thanks for suggestion.
However, I did just that before posting above. Unfortunately, the UN- and RE-install did NOT fix the problem.
What is it about Win 10 that does not like iReboot?

PS - If you're "Ex_Brit", are you also "Neo_Irish"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back