iReboot Beta

I doubt that they would or could copyright a letter of the alphabet - mind you, anything goes in American courts these days.

This has to be one of the most handy little tools I've every come across. I've installed it in all 3 of my "boots" and it saves several keystrokes every time.

IT is a great program. I use it all the time now. Saves me those extra clicks from having to go to the start menu then shut down then restart.

w00t! thanks for all the kind words guys! :grinning:

If all goes well, I'll release iReboot on Monday and EasyBCD on Tuesday.. Should make for an interesting week! :lol:

So, I need Vista and multiboot set with EasyBCD for this to work.

Attachments

• ireboot.JPG
    ireboot.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 3
Yeah. You don't really need a multiboot (though it's more or less useless without one), but you do need the Vista bootloader installed.

However, if the Vista bootloader is installed, iReboot can be run on Windows NT+ and Windows 98+.

That's too bad.

It's impossible for me to make a program that runs in Windows and interfaces with the Linux bootloader :frowning:

EDIT:
Peter, he'd have to have a Vista drive somewhere that EasyBCD can use to install the Vista bootloader from.

Actually, when I was on my no-Vista binge, I was forced to install the Vista bootloader without having Vista installed - it's possible, but a real pain in the you-know-where; and I won't be doing it again anytime soon.

Actually, when I was on my no-Vista binge, I was forced to install the Vista bootloader without having Vista installed - it's possible, but a real pain in the you-know-where; and I won't be doing it again anytime soon.

Well done, I really have no idea how you managed to do that, but well done :smile:

It's fine, soooooooooon I should get new HDD, and take Vista maybe.

CG,
I've noticed in Vista at every startup I get a taskbar warning that iReboot has been blocked from starting and I have to then give it permission to start.
Under help the only solution is to remove it from the startup list or disable UAC, which I would rather leave in place.
Any ideas?

iReboot needs to access BCDedit.exe to set the default next-boot target, which requires admin privileges (imagine what would happen if it didn't!). There is no way to work around it :frowning:

I Disabled the UAC and it seems to be fine when I boot up :grinning:

One nice addition (and extremely helpful addition for me) would be if there was an option to just "permanently change the default boot OS" until of course you want to change it again... Can this be done in version 1.1? :grinning:

Back