iReboot v1.1 "Error communicating with service!"

hi guys,
i am having the same problems now also, v1.1 was fine untill certain ms updates in march. now cannot connect to service with all security software disabled . i am using vista home premium x64 so don't know if it may be a issue there. the service is running and set to autostart.

i can still boot to xp using the boot screen but ireboot is such a handy tool i would prefer to get this working again.

thanks
Didi.

System restore and update one at a time, turning off auto-update. Its a pain in the butt but if you can find out specifically which update is causing it that would be helpful.

System restore and update one at a time, turning off auto-update. Its a pain in the butt but if you can find out specifically which update is causing it that would be helpful.

hi,
thanks for your advise but still get the error, i restored to the earliest point i could and that never worked so i unistalled all of march updates on by one then rechecked and still get the error, i did note that my security suite was causing other issues so i removed it temporarily but still i cannot connect to service.

here is a copy of the error that i have

thanks

With your security software installed verify you've created an exception in your firewall on port 9076 for iReboot.

With your security software installed verify you've created an exception in your firewall on port 9076 for iReboot.

yeah i've have opened port 9076 and added iReboot to the white list. still get the error.

i just want to thank you guys for helping me with this i really appreciate it. :smile:

Getting back to CG's comment, try disabling ipv6 for your network adapter and see if that helps any. You may need to reboot.

Different error message...

I used the build you posted and I'm getting a new error message... it says windows stopped the program for some reason... Then it ends Ireboots short lived life :smile: I can try and get screen shots if you need them...

thanks CG but this time it just stops working and i get a message saying iReboot has stopped working with options to check online for solution or close program.

these are the problem details :

Description:
Stopped working
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ireboot.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.1.0.12
Problem Signature 03: 4814926c
Problem Signature 04: iReboot
Problem Signature 05: 1.1.0.12
Problem Signature 06: 4814926c
Problem Signature 07: 7c
Problem Signature 08: c8
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileLoadException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

don't know if that helps?

To Kairozamorro i tried with ipv6 disabled but still the same. it is now re-enabled

it would be nice to know if it is just me with this issue or if anyone else has problems.

Addendum:

I used the build you posted and I'm getting a new error message... it says windows stopped the program for some reason... Then it ends Ireboots short lived life :smile: I can try and get screen shots if you need them...

well that answers my last question lol:smile:

Last edited:

Yeah, that would probably be a good idea, so we can see what is going on... :wink:

How many times have you tried it? I get those kind of errors all the time in Vista, with various apps, so I think it is just a Vista issue. :brows: I have found that normally you can restart it again, and usually it will work.

I get it immediately when I boot up or when i start the program it happens IMMEDIATLY... If im not mistaken I think windows came out with a framework update about the time this started happening... I just checked and I have all the latest updates with windows.

Last edited:
I get it immediately when I boot up or when i start the program it happens IMMEDIATLY... If im not mistaken I think windows came out with a framework update about the time this started happening... I just checked and I have all the latest updates with windows.

Hmm...yeah, that might have something to do with it. Perhaps the latest .Net Framework version isn't compatible with the latest version of iReboot?

EDIT: Or maybe CG posted the wrong build the first time...:brows:

Last edited:
nice one CG problem is solved. no more annoying error messages on start up

Thank you and everyone for getting that sorted it was getting frustrating lol

regards

didi.

Back