iReboot won't start on boot Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have issue with iReboot (Win10 prof 32):
Works finne with Win10, but It happens often that the iRboot icon doesn't react anymore (no selection menu shown).
Need to restart system to get iReboot work again...

Have already tryed without success (version 2.0.1.42). Issue not reproducible, happens sporadically...
What could I do when it happens again?

Last edited:
I'll page someone.
Have you tried reinstalling it? I also assume that you have EasyBCD installed on one of your partitions?

... see above...:
Have already tryed without success (version 2.0.1.42).
Yes, I have EasyBCD installed on one partition, controling 9 other partitions...

Sorry, haven't used iReboot for years (because I never use(d) W10 or W8 except to apply monthly patches, there's no need for me to switch boots any more)

iReboot runs in one of two different modes, depending on whether UAC is enabled or not. If UAC is enabled, the iReboot background service must be running for the menu to show up. Can you check the status of the service?

I suppose this regards my post...
Yes, UAC is active and ireboot service is running (at the moment).

But thanks for the hint. As mentioned above
Issue not reproducible, happens sporadically...
Next time the issue occurs I will be testing if the service ist running. Maybe it's killed for some reason...
B.t.w., when it happens, the task tray icon doesn't react anymore (shows no menue at right click)

I am seeing the same issue with iReboot when running on Windows 10 Insiders 17123 build but it is fine on Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709 build on the same dual-boot laptop.
Killing iReboot via Task Manager and relaunching doesn't make a difference - the system tray icon is unresponsive.
I will check the iReboot Service status when next booted to the Insiders build to see if that is running or not?
UAC has been active when the problem has been present. iReboot version is 2.0.1.42. EasyBCD 2.3 runs fine.

Fast reboot isn't involved when I am switching between OS's as a full Restart is being done rather than a hybrid shutdown / restart of the same OS. My first thoughts were that this is related to the last couple of Win 10 Insiders builds (17120 & 17123) as it was working on some of the earlier builds. MS has been releasing new builds every few days recently (or so it seems!).
I can also test this by doing a Shift + Shutdown to force a full shutdown then restart.

Ok, did a Shift+Shutdown then restarted into Windows 10 Insiders 17123 and iReboot is now working correctly again with the following tasks / services showing via Windows Task Manager.
2018-03-18 13_51_15 iReboot tasks.png
2018-03-18 13_51_43 iReboot Services.png
My laptop power options show as below:
2018-03-18 14_01_43 Power Options.png

It hasn't happened to me lately but restarting the iReboot Background Service might do the trick also:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back