Linux Ubuntu 8.04

Yeah: it's supposed to be stable! :wink:

It's a long-term maintenance package (unlike Feisty) and promises fewer issues.... I'm running the latest builds on my other PC, not many differences from Feisty (comes with FF 3 though).

When I hear FF3 my first thought is: God, that crashes like an egg on the floor. >.<

I can't wait for new Ubuntu! :smile:

I have not had any issues with Firefox 3. o.0 I have more problems with Opera Kestrel than Firefox 3.

I can not wait for 8.04. Maybe i can use that more often than not.

Almost all of my problems with FF come from upgrading from one nightly build to the other or else with plugins that have issues with v3. My only problem with Ubuntu shipping w/ FF is that this release is going for stability.

I believe initially FF and Ubuntu were supposed to go final together but FF fell behind schedule.

Is it true that in Ubuntu you can't have Opera and FF installed. You all know my geek girlfriend who knows more about Ubuntu then myself although she's using it since a few months ago. She told me that Ubuntu wanted her to uninstall FF before being able to install Opera, 'cause Ubuntu didn't let her have 2 programs for the same thing. Is this possible? :ldown:

3 MORE DAYS TO GO! :grinning:

Last edited:
I used Opera and Firefox on 7.10 with no issues.

Stop reminding me me of how many days are left. I want it now. :tongueout:

2.5 DAYS TO GO, MAK!

You'll thank me for letting you know, later. :tongueout: Sorry, sorry, I won't do it. :lol:

It dont matter. This might work out perfectly as i have to go thru a major 3 OS reinstall in the next couple of days. So it will be released at the perfect time for me. I can get XP and then VIsta redone and then Ubuntu will be released and i can isntall that one last. :tongueout:

Information checked, Guru is right, 2 more days to go. :tongueout:

I just hope they fixed internet problems and wide screen resolution problem.

Funny thing is i looked at the Ubuntu site after midnight and it stll read 3 days to go. So when do they mark it down a day? It was way past GMT and EST. o.0

Funny thing is i looked at the Ubuntu site after midnight and it stll read 3 days to go. So when do they mark it down a day? It was way past GMT and EST. o.0

Maybe in the morning when their website designer gets to his office he changes the number? :tongueout:

I think it's a script, esp. since it's nothing difficult to make.

In almost any language it can be scripted very easily. It's as easy as:
Code:
image = images/$(releaseDate - currentDate).jpg

But how their particular script works, when it updates, etc - i don't know.

Back