Lost vista boot. Help a newbie?

jamriman

Greetings to all,
I installed os86 on an IDE HD. I installed easybcd on my vista HD. Now I can only boot on my os86 IDE drive. I tried vista repair, restore to no avail. When I hit tab on the boot prompt it put me in a menu which only shows the oS86 choice (no vista) when I created them from easybcd. Is there a way to remove the easybsd using os86 so I can boot back into vista? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

Hello Jamriman, welcome to NST.
EasyBCD isn't the source of your problem. It fixes problems, not causes them, usually. :brows: It sounds like your problem could be having the wrong HDD first (most likely OS X's) in the boot sequence in your BIOS (accessed by F2, Del, or a similar key when seeing the first splash screen when starting your computer; it should show you what key you need you need to press to enter the BIOS). Check that first, and if it solves the problem, then great. Otherwise, post back if it turns out that is not the issue, and it is something else.

Hello Jamriman, welcome to NST.
EasyBCD isn't the source of your problem. It fixes problems, not causes them, usually. :brows: It sounds like your problem could be having the wrong HDD first (most likely OS X's) in the boot sequence in your BIOS (accessed by F2, Del, or a similar key when seeing the first splash screen when starting your computer; it should show you what key you need you need to press to enter the BIOS). Check that first, and if it solves the problem, then great. Otherwise, post back if it turns out that is not the issue, and it is something else.

I reinstalled vista. Before I reinstall EasyBCD, would the beta version be more useful since it has a setting for the number of drives? Many thanks for your help!!

Back