McAfee Down ;-(

were they giving out free cash in February i would like to go into detail about whats wrong with the server but i haven't got my masters yet ? why can;t you upgrade a website on the computer and once its ready just upload the updates?

As Peter says - we've all been there at some point or the other, it's like our love and dedication to cyberspace is being put to the test :tongueout:

Oh tell me about it :tongueout: I went mad when my monitor was broken for 4 days I couldn't be online, on the 5th day I got a new one. :grinning:

Last edited:
That's how I am. If something doesn't work instantly I get really mad.

In other news, McAfee forums are back up and running....dammit. I have to do some work now...LOL

Guess what? CG you would remember my thread about vBulletin problems at the new McAfee forums...HERE
Well, this prolonged outage forced a complete review of all links/gadgets etc. etc. and they found a "bad server" (quote/unquote) which seemjs to have cured all the problems in one fell swoop when they withdrew it from service.
You can imagine how many servers they have......there's usually between 2 and 3 thousand poeople online at any given time.

Now, strangely enough, my cable is down and I'm posting via someone else's wireless network. Bought myself a very handy Netgear WN121T USB Wireless Router.

Last edited:
would they count the days the forum wasn;t working with your posts per day average?
and i will restate my previous question
why can;t you upgrade a website on the computer and once its ready just upload the updates?

They don't keep count of rates of posting anyway just number of posts, which I can reset in my ModCP anyway if I wish. But how would I know what they do? McAfee controls everything over there.
If it's about this forum , then only CG would know the answer I guess.

Their problem wasn't that the website itself was updated and then didn't work; rather that the servers and software that host the website (namely MySQL, the database server) were updated/moved and that caused the problem. (at least that's how I understood it)

Server-side components can't be updated locally.

Just out of interest - I looked at the posts/day here and would you believe it - after CG the highest rate is ME !
What are you Blue / Grey guys doing ?
Buck it up a bit boys - stop taking so much time off.

Members/click posts/ sorts into highest posters first, then I just looked at the top 10 individually and checked the posts/day in their profiles

Ah, ok.
I thought there was an option to sort by post/day on the Members page. That might be a nice add-on......

Back