NTLDR error removeing xp from duel boot with win7

richardgk

I put win 7 on a second drive with XP on the first drive. I am trying to remove xp and make the D drive that has win7 on it bootable.
I used easyBDC backup/repair and changed the boot drive from C to D.
When I try to boot from the D drive I get "NTLDR Missing".

In that case, it seems you've forgotten to change the BIOS boot sequence to pick the W7 HDD before the old XP HDD (which will still have an XP flavour MBR at the front)

When I change the boot sequence I get the error. NTLDR missing

Addendum:

As I stated before I used easyBDC backup/repair and changed the boot drive from C to D. When I try to change the BIOS boot sequence I get the error. Is there another step that I missed?

Last edited:
Can you attach a Disk Management Screenshot and paste the contents of EasyBCD "view settings" (detailed)
Instructions if needed in the sticky

I found my error. I had easyBDC installed on the XP drive C. When I tried to use the backup/repair from XP it said that it couldn't do it so I installed easyBCD in Win 7 on the D drive and used it there. Looking at the settings in XP on C it didn't make any changes. I have uninstalled easyBDC from Win 7.
What I need is a howto to be able to make D drive bootable so that I can remove the C drive.

I asked in my first post whether W7 was logical or primary. You didn't reply either way, so I asked for a screenshot so I could see for myself. You haven't provided one.
The point being that a logical drive cannot be made bootable.
MS boot files have to reside in a primary partition.

Back