NTLDR is missing... Vista

ptle

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron E1505. I bought it back in 2007 and it came with Windows Vista. It's never had any other OS than Vista...

Just a few days ago I started up my computer and I get the message
"NTLDR is missing
Press any key to restart"

I've spent a few hours researching and trying to get this problem fixed but cannot.

I put in my Windows Vista Reinstallation DVD to repair the startup process. It repaired it at first, but I still got the message. I tried it again, but it can't find anything wrong.

I also tried this website's suggestion. Loaded it on my USB drive and did everything. I still get the same NTLDR message though.
Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy, CD-R, or USB flash

I did a search on the forums. I see this link http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Vista+Bootloader+from+the+DVD but I've gotten the message "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." all day.

This has been really frustrating and I need my computer to be working Monday. Also wiping my hard drive and reinstalling everything isn't an option for me. I have some important things on my computer and haven't backed up in a few weeks.

Please help!

Back