Post postmark

You all have quite a bit of catching up to do if you want to match my post count over at McAfee forums.........eat your hearts out with jealousy guys...!

Just kidding.:tongueout:

Attachments

• mca.JPG
    mca.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 11
My post count is a smidgen over 4 a day, not quite 250 days to 1000. How long have you taken to amass that total Peter ?

That's more than twice CG's rate on here ! How do you ever manage to find time to come here ?

Yes but he's only been here since 2006. It's quite easy to post an average 17 or 18 posts per day....takes about 2 minutes per.....!

Not really. With so many products and so many subscribers (100 million + I believe) the problems are quite varied, but I would say that they tend to come in waves, especially in the Virus infection field.
The forums cover both home and corporate products so it's quite a mixed bag.
It gets so frustrating when people wont stop bitching, despite the fact that you are trying to help. You feel like telling them where to shove their software...I almost just did with some hoity-toity b*#+h who thanked me for my help by slagging me off.
"I'm reporting you to McAfee for rudeness" (I told her to stop surfing on dangerous websites)
I replied
"Go ahead, I don't work for them". <yawn>

well i suppose it would be easier to gain posts their considering the fact that there are more threads that you can reply too (which you my have already answered or consider yourself a professional in)
"I'm reporting you for telling me how to fix my computer and not giving my company an excuse to buy me a new one" is more like it

I have well over 12,000 posts at one site. I have another 7,000 at another. Well over 2,000 at yet another. It isnt hard to get high post counts on support forums that deal with a wide range of topics.

Neosmart is dedicated to mainly EasyBCD. We get very few members who post about Vista or XP related issues compared to other sites i am on. From the time i get off the PC at night to the time i check it in the morning there can be 2 full pages of new posts.

IT is good to hvae a dedicated forum like this one. Helps keep the clutter down.

I just noticed that I am now subscribed to no fewer than 2779 threads over at McAfee....yikes. No wonder I'm busy....LOL

Yes, but thank God, most of those threads are long finished, closed, solved, dead, or otherwise forgotten about...!

Aside from this site i make sure that my subscriptions are all off. I had that at one point over at TF. I had over 3,000 topics i was subscribed to. Was insane to manage it.

At McAfee topics become hot and then they die as the problems are dealt with. The only time I ever get notification for old threads is if someone inadvertently posts there. Then I usually move it to a new thread as most often, the cure has long been in force, or they've posted in the wrong area.
I lock topics that are definitely finished/solved.
So in a way, many of those subscriptions are dead anyway.

I can fully understand that. It is the same thigns we do at many of the sites i Mod at. I just choose not to have subscriptions on as it tends to clock up my UserCP when i go into it to do something. :wink:

For my info, how can I get rid of subscriptions on here. I inadvertantly turned "auto" on at some time in the past, and though I've removed it, and tried to "unsubscribe" the ones that keep spamming me, there are still a couple that regularly pop up (long running water cooler).
I don't need the mail, I have a link to "new posts", so I never miss any thread updates anyway.

Back