Problem configuring NeoGrub

Waggers

I would like to boot MS-DOS 6.22, Windows 3.0, Windows 95 and Windows 98 all from the same hard disk. As a prelude to this I have set up four bootable DOS partitions (1 primary and 3 logical). Now is there any way to boot to these individually?

I have attempted this two different ways (and failed) using NeoGrub:

1. Hiding Partitions. If I hide the first (primary) partition, the system will boot into the first logical partition. I then tried hiding the first logical partition as well but it doesn't boot into the second logical partition.

2. Mapping Partitions: I tried the command 'map (hd0,4) (hd0,0)' but this seemed to be ignored and the primary partition booted up as usual.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

All legacy Windows prior to XP had no multi-boot support. They all relied on the convention from early computing that the boot program was in a fixed location at the start of the drive.
Hence, you can multi-boot any one of that list with XP and as many Vista -> W10 occurences as you like, but never more than one since thay all need to occupy the same space.
Multiple drives or Virtual Machines is the only way they can exist together on your PC

Back