Problem With Booting To Fedora 6

nobody

Hello anyone reading,

This is a great program. I was just about to write it myself but it would've taken WAY too long to make it work this well.

Anyway, I had a problem with this program in that it didn't let me select the mbr file location. I was going on this tutorial (http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=05/02/16/1919205&from=rss) then i realized Windows Vista got rid of boot.ini. Anyway long story short, take the file this article tells you to make, manually move it to the c:\nst folder then rename it from bootsect.lnx to nst_grub.mbr.

You better act quick though, once I got my Fedora install booting, Grub gave me about 2 seconds before it defaulted to windows vista. Now I just gotta find out where to change that, but it should be easy now that i can boot into fedora.

Anyway, there was post that describe this problem, and there was a fix released i guess, but this is what worked for me.

Thanks again to the authors of this software.

Nobody,
I don't need another random forum account
Please delete this account at your leisure

lol, no need to delete your account, we'll save it for you in case you decide to ever visit again :smile:

The problem with those steps is, that .lnx file changes from person to person and PC to PC. We're looking for a generic one-step solution to the process.

Back