Quick Debian Question.

apt-get uses a set of online servers to automagically download the program you want and all of its dependencies.

You need to tell it what servers to use. Use the guide I linked you to (wait for the page to load completely first, it'll automatically take you to the section in question) to tell Debian which servers have GCC and the files it needs to run.

Once you've done that, the command I gave you will no longer tell you that the package doesn't exist. That should install gcc, and you can then run
Code:
./configure
make
or "make install" depending on the directions for ndiswrapper.

i can't get to those servers because i would need the wireless card installed for that. so i need ndiswrapper, which is why i needed to use the usb drive, but i have no way of installing it without make. which i need to be able to go online to use.

Damn, you're screwed, aren't you?

Do you have access to *another* linux PC that has internet access?

But you'll be best off grabbing a Live Linux CD and using that stuff instead or else DLing a one-cd distro with all the stuff you need already included.

I recommend:
Ubuntu Live CD
or
Fedore Core 6 One-CD Install

The power is out so i cant do anything now. i could use fedora, but i still need a new power supply for that. ive tried the ubuntu cd before, but it doesnt work on that computer. by the way it has a 166mhz pentium 1 and 32mb of ram.

Back