Restore HP Pavilion Windows 7 through Recovery Partition and EasyBCD

You need to follow the guide that Terry posted to backup your data. Then you need to contact the PC manufacturer to get the disk needed to reinstall Windows. You are trying to jump ahead steps and do a recovery without first backing up your data. You will then come back screaming at us cause you lost something important. Working on a PC is not a sprint and does not take 15 seconds to complete. It is a marathon.

If you are unsure of what you are doing, take it to someone who does. You will only regret not taking the proper steps up front.

You need to follow the guide that Terry posted to backup your data. Then you need to contact the PC manufacturer to get the disk needed to reinstall Windows. You are trying to jump ahead steps and do a recovery without first backing up your data. You will then come back screaming at us cause you lost something important. Working on a PC is not a sprint and does not take 15 seconds to complete. It is a marathon.

If you are unsure of what you are doing, take it to someone who does. You will only regret not taking the proper steps up front.

Well I'm posting that I did fallow the guide and I am still in able to restore I get a message stating that it could not reboot into recovery partition

i am attempting to downgrade from Win 8 Pro to my factory installed Win 7 that came with a pavilion dv6. i followed your steps above and am on #5. my base.wim > 4 folder does not have an RM folder. my base.wim > 3 folder does have an RM folder but no filed named RecoveryManager.exe. any ideas why?

Dear All,

I found it myself and its a headache and irritating situation when you loose your geniune and activated windows provided by the manufacturer :x

If you have the recovery partition untouched Recovery ( D: ) on your hp laptop, do the following steps to bring it back to its factory state.

1. Goto Control Panel > Folder Options > Uncheck all the checks for Hiding the files on the PC.
2. Now Browse to the Recovery partition ( D: ), you will see some files.
3. Download Win-7Zip from the internet , Install it and Open Win-7Zip.
4. Browse in Win-7Zip Console for Recovery > PreLoad > base.wim (this base.wim contains all the data ( softwares and drivers ) which were installed on the hp laptop.

View attachment 2160

5. Browse more inside to base.wim > 4 > RM ( There would be four folders inside base.wim file with the name of 1,2,3,4 . You have to browse for the 4th one "4". Inside 4, look for RM folder, basically you have to find the file RecoveryManager.exe, and in my case it was found in the RM folder).
6. Extract the complete RM folder to any destination on HDD with any folder name you want, I gave the name "Factory_Restore" , Extract all the files of the RM folder to that folder through Win-7Zip.
7. Inside the folder you extracted, you will find many files alongwith the RecoveryManager.exe file.
8. Now just run the RecoveryManager.exe and the recovery manager console will be opened. I selected the "Restore to Factory Option" from the recovery manager console and this will restore your hp laptop to the fatory settings with Genuine and activated windows 7 shipped with your laptop.

Note : And once it is recovered, do this thing first. Create Recovery discs from Recovery Disc Creation in Win7.

Windows7 on hp laptop can be recovered from any OS installed on the primary partition, just you have to have the Recovery Partition on you drive.

I have copied the RM folder to Recovery Manager Folder and run recoverymgr.exe and recovery manager console opened. but when i click factory reset button it says "recovery manager couldnot reboot to the recovery partition". What can i do in this situation?

I do have a same problem.But dint get any solution.
above solution made by khizar.uddin sir dint work for me.I am not getting recoverymanager.exe file in RM folder.
anything else i can do..?

Creating an entry to boot into the recovery partition is very much on a case-by-case basis, they are not the same instructions for everyone.

You'll need to find a .WIM file somewhere and try booting into it.

didn't find recoverymanager.exe

Hi, I tried to follow your steps but couldn't find the recoverymanager.exe file in folder 4 . some how i found a file (rebecca.exe) which was able to open recovery manager, but then in that console factory install option was disabled having message "install for the media", please reply which find the solution of this issue. thanks
Dear All,

I found it myself and its a headache and irritating situation when you loose your geniune and activated windows provided by the manufacturer :x

If you have the recovery partition untouched Recovery ( D: ) on your hp laptop, do the following steps to bring it back to its factory state.

1. Goto Control Panel > Folder Options > Uncheck all the checks for Hiding the files on the PC.
2. Now Browse to the Recovery partition ( D: ), you will see some files.
3. Download Win-7Zip from the internet , Install it and Open Win-7Zip.
4. Browse in Win-7Zip Console for Recovery > PreLoad > base.wim (this base.wim contains all the data ( softwares and drivers ) which were installed on the hp laptop.

View attachment 2160

5. Browse more inside to base.wim > 4 > RM ( There would be four folders inside base.wim file with the name of 1,2,3,4 . You have to browse for the 4th one "4". Inside 4, look for RM folder, basically you have to find the file RecoveryManager.exe, and in my case it was found in the RM folder).
6. Extract the complete RM folder to any destination on HDD with any folder name you want, I gave the name "Factory_Restore" , Extract all the files of the RM folder to that folder through Win-7Zip.
7. Inside the folder you extracted, you will find many files alongwith the RecoveryManager.exe file.
8. Now just run the RecoveryManager.exe and the recovery manager console will be opened. I selected the "Restore to Factory Option" from the recovery manager console and this will restore your hp laptop to the fatory settings with Genuine and activated windows 7 shipped with your laptop.

Note : And once it is recovered, do this thing first. Create Recovery discs from Recovery Disc Creation in Win7.

Windows7 on hp laptop can be recovered from any OS installed on the primary partition, just you have to have the Recovery Partition on you drive.

Back