Seeking Help Please

Thanks Cool name..... Just got off the phone with Pete and I think I got his XP repaired....Shweeeeeet

In the morning I will help him thru XP repair Vista...

Thanks for all your help..

have a great weekend guys....

Great! :smile: I'm glad to hear everything's working fine now (at least XP). :wink:
Let us know if you have any more questions or problems.

-Coolname007

Coolname007....Thanks for the reply..

Question?

XP failed so I am having him boot off the XP disk and use command prompt

Does he enter all this? Or one at a time?

fixmbr
fixboot

Thanks

Does he enter all this? Or one at a time?

fixmbr
fixboot

Thanks

The commands are separate. You type one, and then push Enter, and then you type the other one, and push Enter again. Piece of cake. :brows:

-Coolname007

EDIT: Make sure Vista's drive is disconnected first though, or you might overwrite Vista's MBR with XP's...:wink:

Last edited:
Update...just Got XP booting again....YEA He is a happy man...

Now on th Vista for the repair od MBR..........

BUT..This is odd, never seen it done like this ...

He has three HDDs all with XP installed on them???????????????????????????????

I had him loose the two extra to while we try and fix Vista........

For the life of me can not figure out why he put XP on three drives....But he did...

While he's got a working system, tell him to post the screenshots.
There's no snipping tool in XP, but he can "prt scn", then open Paint and paste the contents of the clipboard into paint. Crop it as necessary and save the output as .jpg
Then use the "go advanced" button at the bottom of the quick reply box and in that screen use the paperclip icon to attach the .jpg he just saved.

Last edited:
Hi terry...What screenshots?

We have his XP drive booting now, as long as the Vista drive is disconnected....

Terry nad Coolname 007....I am going to start a new thread as I'm sure he will need instructions from you as to what tp post and try.......

Thanks...

I will call the thread...... Navychief help....thanks guys...

Back