SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio - VISTA

imback

OK my 1st post here in this forum, Hope you can help me in anyways and I'll support the forum

Well i purhcased a new HP Laptop, With the Audio Soundcard as mentioned in title.. SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio

OK, Sound works fine,, Every thing seems fine

My Issue is: Recording streams. or any audio direct from the sound card, It does NOT pick up any 'BASS' .. Ive tried every setting possible, of course, Ive enabled teh soundcard to stereo mix,

With XP I had no issues, recording was near perfect with nice bass.

with Vista, cnt seem to get this working..

Any one have any ideas or solutions. If fixed or helped, I'll help you guys out with support in anyway I can.

Need to fix this as Im recording a live set tomorrow and its not going to go down well when the recording has no bass heh

Thanks for any reply posts..

Any questions, I'll reply as fast as I can,

Cheers

Addendum:

Oh And Im on Vista Sp2.

AMD Duel Core. 2.1
4gb ram

If any of that matters, I've got a hunch is may of only happened after updating to vista sp2

Who knows??? That's why Im here.

Last edited:
Hello imback, welcome to NST

Yes, the issue is with installing SP2. You'll need to re-install the audio driver/software and it well work again as expected.

Hello imback, welcome to NST

Yes, the issue is with installing SP2. You'll need to re-install the audio driver/software and it well work again as expected.

My sounds working fine etc though...

Maybe you dont understand my Issue,

Its 'recording streams or a my turntable decks' via stereo mix...

Its detecing sound and recording.. but the recordings have NO BASS>

Thanks for the reply though, Drivers were installed correctly..

Addendum:

the driver and the software??? Where would i find the software for the soundmax hd audio.

to re download and install..

I dont think that is the problem though..

Sounds fine. Its just the recording like I stated before

Thanks again

-Imback

Last edited:
Yeh i done that still same problem..

Like I said , Its Recording, Streams etc It detects sound and that - But when listening back to the recording, there is NO BASS.
No, you haven't. First download it, extract the files in the .zip, and then run setup.exe to install it. :wink:
And then tell us if it solved the problem or not.
BTW, what software are you using to record, and play back the recording?
Has the bass worked before on Vista at all?

Last edited:
If you can do it in XP you should be able to do it in Vista. Make sure you got the latest driver/software available. If you believe the current install of drivers and any software required to use the equipment is installed correctly than investigate the settings for the option or help file to find out how to enable bass.

No, you haven't. First download it, extract the files in the .zip, and then run setup.exe to install it. :wink:
And then tell us if it solved the problem or not.
BTW, what software are you using to record, and play back the recording?
Has the bass worked before on Vista at all?

What you on about . "No I haven't"

I have, I downloaded the exact one earlier. I ran the set up.exe and same problem.

I'm using Sony Acid Pro, And Sony Soundforge, which Ive used for 7 years now..

And never had this issue.

Thanks for the reply, but saying stuff, I have already tried then sayin, No i havent, like u were here or somthing is rather silly.

Again appreciate your help

Ok, I apologize. I thought you hadn't because it seemed too soon after I posted the link to it, but if you say you tried the exact same one earlier, then ok, that makes more sense...
Incidentally, you have not clarified if you have checked all the settings or not in whichever program it is you're using to record/play back. That would be my first guess as to the source of your problem...

If you can do it in XP you should be able to do it in Vista. Make sure you got the latest driver/software available. If you believe the current install of drivers and any software required to use the equipment is installed correctly than investigate the settings for the option or help file to find out how to enable bass.

I have the latest drivers, Again ive re-installed them, Ive tried every single thing possible, Yet no joy. tried numerous settings, well them all in the recording programmes.

Its a weird Issue, Never had this problem on any machine, But for some reason i think its Vista causing this, and sp2.

Ive never had problems with XP or any other OS's which I may have to just put XP on here. which I didnt want to do, but hey.

Thanks for posting a reply.

Doubting any of you can actually help the 'bass' problem though.

Have you checked the system sound settings which can be found in the Control Panel? You should also check the settings of your sound-card software as well, it could be something is wacko there...

Ok, I apologize. I thought you hadn't because it seemed too soon after I posted the link to it, but if you say you tried the exact same one earlier, then ok, that makes more sense...
Incidentally, you have not clarified if you have checked all the settings or not in whichever program it is you're using to record/play back. That would be my first guess as to the source of your problem...

No problems mate..

Well its not the recording programme Issue, Seems to be a soundcard problem...

Ive tried multiple recording programmes, same problem, even recordin voice clip on msn messenger, the other person does not get any 'bass'

Ive gone through every single setting, recorded a test on a bass tune. and then played on a studio sound system. Again each record test, with every setting may of had slightly different recordings but the same 'NO BASS'

Its extremely annoyin - Plus i need this really fixed by tmorrow for a mix cd.

Maybe I will have to purhcase an external soundcard????

Thanks for the reply

Addendum:

Have you checked the system sound settings which can be found in the Control Panel? You should also check the settings of your sound-card software as well, it could be something is wacko there...

Yep, Ive checked all of that, Ive been trying to fix this problem every day/all day for a week now...

Every setting possible, been experimenting with all sorts, Still no bass. Plus i think its when i Installed SP2. Which I wish I never did now :frowning:

Last edited:
Try this:

Open up Device Manager.
Find the sound device in question, right-click, and select "Update driver".
When you get the message asking if Windows can connect to Windows Update to search for software, select "Yes, this time only", and then hit Next.
See if it finds any update for the device.

If you haven't run the post-SP2 cleanup utility (which removes old redundant SP1 and earlier modules), you can use system restore to go back to the checkpoint it took before applying SP2.
That will determine if it's a problem caused by SP2. If it is, you can get free support from MS for any SP2 problem.

Try this:

Open up Device Manager.
Find the sound device in question, right-click, and select "Update driver".
When you get the message asking if Windows can connect to Windows Update to search for software, select "Yes, this time only", and then hit Next.
See if it finds any update for the device.

yeh mate, tried that, says I have the latest/best for this machine.

thanks

Addendum:

If you haven't run the post-SP2 cleanup utility (which removes old redundant SP1 and earlier modules), you can use system restore to go back to the checkpoint it took before applying SP2.
That will determine if it's a problem caused by SP2. If it is, you can get free support from MS for any SP2 problem.

hmmm. I didnt know I had to run a sort of clean up before i installed sp2. There was no info about that at all on the update, Shouldnt that of come with the update,.

Thats annoying really

So what you suggest to go back to a point where I had SP1 on and try it... See if it worked then..?

Whats this clean up utility, can I still run it now, with sp2 on.. Please answer this one mainly,

cheers

Last edited:
It's a post SP2 cleanup utility, not pre.
It's provided to get rid of several Gb of old modules which have been replaced by SP2.
Once you run it, you can't go back. SP2 has become a permanent feature of your Vista.

If you've not heard of it, you obviously haven't run it, so you can still system restore back to SP1 if you want.

It's a post SP2 cleanup utility, not pre.
It's provided to get rid of several Gb of old modules which have been replaced by SP2.
Once you run it, you can't go back. SP2 has become a permanent feature of your Vista.

If you've not heard of it, you obviously haven't run it, so you can still system restore back to SP1 if you want.

ok,

So I have useless sp1 stuff still on my machine? Forget the recording issue for a min

I dont want OLD 'useless', 'several GB worth' of 'modules' on my machine to be honest

Anything I can run to get rid of all that stuff???

for the recording problem, Ive decided to get an external soundcard for recordings...

But i'll leave the discussion open , See if any one has any solutions on this matter

Cheers for your replies.

Back