The Introduction Thread

Hello MADhase, welcome to NST. I'm glad EasyBCD was able to help you. Let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome

Hi everyone. I've been going over the site and like what i see. Of course, I'm here because I have a pc problem. Best regards :smile:

Hello all, not quite screaming for help yet, but being bugged by several niggly problems in trying to set up a multiboot system with 32 and 64 bit win7 and xp os's and thinking maybe easybcd2 might help.

Great Software

I was searching for a solution to my dual boot problem and came across EasyBCD. I had tried many, many times to set up a dual boot with Windows 7 64-bit RC and Ubuntu 64-bit. I tried installing Windows 7 first and I tried installing Ubuntu first. It did not seem to matter what I did, I could not get Windows 7 to boot properly. I thought, for sure, that I would have to buy another hard drive and just boot to whatever drive I wanted by changing the BIOS each time.

Finally, I found a link searching at Google and it told me to use the beta version of EasyBCD. Sure enough, it works. Wonderful.

Thanks.

Forum newbe

Greetings all, I would take a little time to introduce myself. I have been working in and with computers for the last seventeen or so years, most of that time in R&D with a diesel engine manufacture. The last five years working in Marine Vessel Integration performing engine installations, engine rebuilds, instrumentation, data acquisition and just plain having fun on the boats.
I discovered this site one day while looking for known problems with Vista. My system is running just fine and that’s the way I want to keep it. I do not like surprises. Barnacle

Thanks for joining and welcome. We don't like most Windows surprises either. Hopefully if one should arise we'll be more than able to point you in the right direction :smile:

Good Afternoon to All!

Hello Members!

Just wanted to say hello to all before I scream for help in other parts of the forums!:lol:

Not a IT Pro...Just a persistant hobbyist. Have owned and used Windows 95- Win xp home- Win Xp Pro- Win vista Home Premium and have recently purchased Win 7 Pro to be sent to me when the full version is available.

In the meantime I am in the process of doing my due diligence to install windows 7 RC on a third Sata hard drive and get used to it by the time my full release is ready.

So Thank you very much in advance for your assistance and I wil see you on the boards!

ranger72:smile:

Hello! I'm kind of new here. And yes, I need some help (I already posted it, so there).
So, I don't know advanced computer language. hehe, Anyway, anyway, introduction. I'm still in college and from the Philippines. I don't own a laptop or computer, though I wish I have one (I'm saving up anyway, come 10 or 20 years I'll have one, or sooner? hahaha!) so that I wouldn't feel guilty when something UNDESIRABLE happens like crashing, the blue screen and all that.
So there.
Hello again to everyone.

Hi everyone, Nice forum. EasyBCD 2.0 drew me here.. I am a systems analyst/mainframe developer.. so fiddling with the PC is an intersting contrast, I know just enough to be dangerous..
I am presently trying to set up dual boot of XP and Vista, hoping to not mess up my system, wish me luck! I guess you may hear from me if I don't succeed /Fredrik

Hello everyone,

I thank you for welcoming me to your forum. This is actually the first tech forum, to which I have subscribed; I'm somewhat of a noob to computers, seeing that my preoccupations in life lie elsewhere.

I am Matthew, evidently – and I'm a Master student in Geography at Queen's University, Canada. I have used a Mac for years, and I have successfully dual booted my MacBook Pro (build 4.1) with Ubuntu Jaunty. That was surprisingly easy, actually. The same I cannot say for my efforts with a PC, running Windows 7 as a primary partition.

I have come to rely heavily upon Linux, and Ubuntu in general – to gloat to others of my newfound tech savviness – but to bring me the extra step further where Macs simply remain expensive toys. I am rather impressed with the new Windows 7, and where I cannot see myself using MS software, I would use the OS as a base on a second machine, in the future.

Anyhow, please give me a hand here. I wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Hi all, Im alex. Got nothing better to do with my life than mess about with my pc installing opperating systems I dont even need. Hit a brick wall thats realy annoying me.
Never joined a forum before as all the answers are usualy there allready.
I cant wait for a superuser to solve my problem but it aint looking good so far.

Cheers

Hi Ya'll

Found this place during google search for explanations on how to repair master partition table on failing hard drive without having access to Vista recovery environment as major computer distributor doesn't include this utility on its recovery CDs. I have yet to apply repair process to Vista master partition table but feel that I have come to the right place to discuss potential issues before I begin that operation using the NeoSmart Vista Recovery ISO.

Back