The Introduction Thread

Hello! I've used Windows OS almost exclusively and recently decided to give Linux Mint a try. I'm having some trouble getting the dual boot to work and in my search for an answer, stumbled upon EasyBCD. You'll soon find a cry for help from me in the EasyBCD Support forum.

Thanks in advance!

OK thanks for warning...LOL Knowing nothing about Linux someone else no doubt will answer that but welcome to the forums anyway. :wink:

On behalf of the entire NeoSmart community, Welcome to NeoSmart Technologies!

We're glad you could join us, and hopefully we can help you in any way you can. Whether you're here looking for help, have some wisdom to share, or are simply looking for a great place to chill out and relax; you've come to the right place.

If you have a minute or two, post away and let us know a thing or two about yourself, we'd love to hear about you. While you're at it, visit your user control panel and upload an avatar and a signature - in short, make yourself at home!

And, always, if you need anything all you have to do is holler! :grinning:

Hey, thanks, seems like a supercool site!

Hi and welcome. Log in & just go to the forum you want to post in and, assuming it's open to posts, you should see the Post New Thread button at the top left.

Click the picture below to enlarge and see what I mean.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 3
Hi, I'm Himalay. I'm very pleased to join your community. this community is so helpful. I want to learn and share my opinion.
thanks everybody.

Low man on the pole

Hi group!!! Well I has hoping this was an easy fix cd but nothing is that easy huhh? But to my supprise there is a whole communtiy behind it so hello again IM trying to run Win7 ultimate from my Hp dv7 1245dx oh yes love the 17 in screen hate hp....... Vista os but hasnt been vista in years but Im liking Midori or this linox os so when I post my post my problem how do I keep this os so I can dual boot? ohh Ideas would be greatly appreciated was gonna run Suse for dual boot I have 1t/b and a 500gb for the slave drive both hdd thinking of getting a ssd and moving the 1t/b to the slave drive. Well thanks again

Hey guys hows it going, I'm an old comp geek and a student at DeVry University studying Multimedia Design and Development with a specialization in Tools Programming. I've referenced quite a few of you guys posts to help friends and family with some of their problems figured I use the site enough I might as well subscribe :tongueout: anyways great ta be here.

Shawn Williams,
Future Programmer

Hi group!!! Well I has hoping this was an easy fix cd but nothing is that easy huhh? But to my supprise there is a whole communtiy behind it so hello again IM trying to run Win7 ultimate from my Hp dv7 1245dx oh yes love the 17 in screen hate hp....... Vista os but hasnt been vista in years but Im liking Midori or this linox os so when I post my post my problem how do I keep this os so I can dual boot? ohh Ideas would be greatly appreciated was gonna run Suse for dual boot I have 1t/b and a 500gb for the slave drive both hdd thinking of getting a ssd and moving the 1t/b to the slave drive. Well thanks again

Welcome to the group. Post your questions in the appropriate section for help with a specific issue.

Hey guys hows it going, I'm an old comp geek and a student at DeVry University studying Multimedia Design and Development with a specialization in Tools Programming. I've referenced quite a few of you guys posts to help friends and family with some of their problems figured I use the site enough I might as well subscribe :tongueout: anyways great ta be here.

Shawn Williams,
Future Programmer

Welcome Shawn, enjoy your stay.

like a few other people i came here for some help on easy bcd installation..but i would like to be an active member

Good to have you join & welcome.

Hi all!

I just joined just to say thanks for such a handy tool! I'm not a very advanced computer user, but pretty good with Google and following instructions :wink:
With this tool I now have a single nice boot menu with options for booting straight into (on my laptop):

Windows 7 64bit
Windows XP 32bit
Ubuntu 12.04 64bit
Fedora 17 64bit - LXDE

And the how to pages on the website are perfect.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello and thank you very much for your welcome.
i'm very new to this and so hope to be careful to describe things clearly and correctly. I purchased the Vista Repair option, created a boot CD which looked like it worked great, but now caught in a start up loop. Will need a bit of help I think. Look forward to being a member of this forum and thanks again. I've been a web developer (do websites and systems for various business customers etc) here in London for 16 years and though quite technical, this kind of stuff it just beyond me.

Back