Two bootloaders

ibrahim52

Hi,
This is my second post here. I would like to say *thank you* to Computer Guru , you made my life easy by providing solutions to every single topic here. Before posting here ,i searched for the similar topic i am suppose to discuss here, but i did not found any. Currently i am having 3 Operating system (Win7,OSx and Ubuntu) , i was using easybcd 1.7 and both win7 and osx86 were working fine but i was not able to boot to ubuntu.But thanks to Computer Guru, i found the solution where you had mentioned that its better to use easybcd 2.0 beta.Well now i am able to boot to Ubuntu but the only issue is ,currently i am having two bootloaders ,one is of easybcd on boot and when i chose neosmart linux it redirects me to grub bootloader menu. I was wondering if i can skip the grub loader and directly boot to Ubuntu instead of having two bootloaders. I can post whatever info needed. Thank you.

(sorry for *confusing* explanation)

Just edit your menu.lst or grub.cfg (depending on whether you're using Grub or Grub2, respectively), and change the timeout value to 0.

Thank you, i think you meant from ubuntu. I found the way to do ,ill give it a try and will post it back here.Thanks a load for your quick response CG and coolname :smile:

Addendum:

CG you rocks,first i found your link quite lengthy but when it came to change the grub config ,finally i decide to take a look again and thats it,its working now :grinning:. Thanks coolname, the timeout=10 i changed it to '0'. Its in /boot/grub/grub.cfg, using terminal as sudo gedit /boot/grub/grub.cfg i was able to change the timeout value :smile: its working fine now.Thanks a load.CG you know i was wondering , i mean i have seen this chamaleon bootloader and it comes with a theme. I was wondering if easybcd has more than just a *menu* ,quite like them or icon to chose between the Operating systems. Thank you :smile: ,thanks a load.

Last edited:
It uses the Windows basic menu to show the list and hand off the control, and that doesn't support pretty icons or themes, unfortunately.

Back