Ubuntu 7.10 Final

That's good, I heard it should be installed, thats why I was wondering :smile:

Me? :grinning: nVidia forever!!!! :tongueout:

The LEGEND:
box_large.jpg

I have it! :grinning:

Last edited:
Haha, my new download was already stopped once, because power went down... I hope it will still get working ISO.

Under my desk, I have, besides bunch of cables: dictionary which I will move in some of the next years, um.. more of cables... my machine, and more of cables, and one broken headset :grinning:. That would be all I think. Oh and tons of dust. :tongueout:

Yeah, I uploaded the torrent as an attachment on the first page.

Sarge, torrents have MD5-checking built in. Each time it downloads a certain amount (1MB through 4MB depending on the torrent), it'll check if that amount has the right MD5 (i.e. if that amount is corrupted) so that you never end up with a corrupt download, and never have to re-download more than a couple of MB due to corruption.

You can also use eMule if you like, same thing there (but torrents are probably faster).

BTW, I finally found a decent torrent client for Linux. It's called Deluge, and I'll be reviewing it soon - I actually like it more than uTorrent (which I've been running in WINE for a long time now on Ubuntu) because though it's light and fast like uTorrent, it also has support for plugins and is native Linux code :smile:

The problem is, I can't do p2p/torrent stuff, however, I been told by my ISP that I can do those things now, but I already downloaded ISO again, t was stopped once, here's its hash:

Attachments

• hash.JPG
    hash.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
Well, the last couple of characters got cut off in your screenshot, but the rest match - you can compare them for yourself with those that I posted in [post=7958]reply #32[/post]. I'm betting they'll match though :smile:

machines and desks we speak of

--

i downloaded and upgraded, i dont have anymore blank CD's but it works fine

after the horrid time with my new gfx card, i found out, my other HD was to blame, took it out, and EVERYTHING ran smooth

---

as for desk, my rig is on my desk, too big to put under, and i dont like having it on the floor, (my poor toes) i have a WinFast PX8400GS TDH lol

not the best 8 series, but the cheapest :tongueout:

what is under my desk, cables, a WRT(thats currently not working, due to university's network settings,) and a true blue power protector

Good to hear your GeForce 8400 is working now, Kahai - I don't know what I would have done if I had spent all that money and it turned out to be a dud! :S

I don't know how fast your net is at university, but it's generally-speaking faster to run
Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
instead of downloading the entire new distro.

That command will upgrade your system to the programs and versions and configurations that a new Gutsy install comes with, without re-downloading stuff that hasn't changed.

^ i already upgraded, sorry my last message was strange i guess lol :smile:

its nice, the new ubuntu, i had to refresh and download the restricted drivers for my new card, still havent really tried out anything flashy

i (my mother) only spent $64 dollars on the card, but that really would have been annoying

i gtg to class now ttyls

It's not how much you spend so much as it is the fact that you spent it :smile:

At least, that's the way it is for me. It's a matter of principle :wink:

Good luck.

If you use ImgBurn (free) instead of another program for burning, you can also have it check if the CD you burned matches the original ISO file, and so save yourself the step of rebooting to find out.

Back