Ubuntu Questions

So my question will be this then. Have you restarted your PC to make sure that the file was put on there correctly? Not try to transfer it to another PC but check from your own PC to make sure the file is there?

It could be that Ubuntu isnt putting the file on the drive. Which would cause this.

Try sending it to yourself via email, then download it on your dad's PC and see if you can open it then?

DID both and both worked :grinning:

Ive got one question, if I want to install XP again as a second OS, can I do it?or I have to delete Ubuntu and then install XP?

That is if he even has a partition ready. :wink: Could have all the space used by Ubuntu which means he will have to shrink that down and then create a partition to format and then install. :tongueout:

soo......how do I check If my hard drive is partitioned?:grinning:
and if for any reason, it is not, how do I partition it ?
thanks guys

thanks for the link :wink:
I now just need to fix the boot problem, I rebooted my computer 10 times and all of them took 3 minutes and a half to start.
I really need to fix this, or maybe if somebody can explain me how to activate hibernation /standby
thank you

In Ubuntu it should be under System>Preferences has the Screensaver settings where you can adjust it.

I now just need to fix the boot problem, I rebooted my computer 10 times and all of them took 3 minutes and a half to start.
I really need to fix this, or maybe if somebody can explain me how to activate hibernation /standby
thank you
It takes that long. There is no explanation or workaround, but you shouldn't need to restart your Linux-based PC often at all.

thank you

Do you know what happens if you reboot 30+ times a day (Windows XP SP1)? You can just wait for blue screen of death any second. :tongueout:

did I say that?
I said that I rebooted myu computer 10 times, by sayuing that I mean that the 10 times that I started the computer, they al took 3 1/2 minutes

I think he's just saying to be thankful that Ubuntu only takes a long time to boot vs. Windows which is faster but less stable :wink:

Back