User banned for Spamming by Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremhy

Hello,

yesterday I registered in your Forus because I have a problem with EasyBCD that is driving me crazy... :frowning:

First, I have posted my message in the "User to User" --> "Windows Support". After having published my post I see there is another Forum "Neo-Smart Support Center" --> "EasyBCD Support".

I understand/think my problem is too much technical and perhaps it was better having posted directly in the "EasyBCD Support" Forum. So I post a new thread there making reference to my firs Post and in order to no repeat the message I just put a link to my firs post...

The problem is that now I see a message that shows me that I have been banned for spamming... It was not my intention do spam, so I sincerely apologished if I have did something wrong. If you want, you can move my firs Post from the "Windows Support" to "EasyBCD Support".

I beg you to reactivate my other User Account in order to obtain an answer and solve my problem because it is quite urgen to solve then because I can not access to the partion desired... :frowning:

I was registered with a gmail email account and my user is "manolito74".

I apologished again for the inconvenients: it was not my intention to create problems, spamming or something like that. I just dit it by error thinking it was the best idea... :frowning:

Thank you very much in advance. :wink:

Best Regards.

Apologies if there has been an error.
I just sent you a private message.
Please answer that, thank you.

Hello again,

Thanks for your help and for your understanding. :wink:

I think the ideal situation should be to recover/activate my real user manolito74 that is associated with may gmail account and to move the original firs post from "Windows Support" to "EasyBCD Support". :wink:

When you can, please consider and do that. :wink:

By the way: I have answered you private message (and sorry if I make any grammar mistakes but I am Spanish) :wink:

Thank you ver much in advance.

Best regards. :wink:

Ps. If you need verify again my user (manolito74) form my Gmail account you can send me again a link to verify my identity. :wink:

Last edited:
I had just finished answering your post only to find you'd been banned as I tried to save the answer. Which was :-

You've created XP entries using the Vista/W7/8/10 dropdown. Choose XP.
XP doesn't use Winload.exe, that's for Vista onwards. It uses NTLDR as a combined manager/loader.
NTLDR can only be used once as a BCD entry. for multiple XPs it has to use a secondary (NTLDR) boot menu containing the multiple XP entries in its boot.ini file.
To avoid the necessity for a second menu, Neosmart has created its own custom version of NTLDR (EasyLDR) which can appear many times in the BCD.
Read all about it here

Hi, again:

Let's go to "split" my prroblem/s and solve it step by step...

The first problem is regardind the access to the Windows 7 Partitions. I have simplified the Easy Boot Menu.

• Firs of all here the Structure of my Disks/Partitions:

1616092364337.jpeg

• Here the simple List of my EasyBCD Boot Menu:

Code:
Hay un total de 2 entradas listadas en el bootloader.

Por defecto: Windows  7 -  SD 1
Tiempo de espera: 10 segundos
Disco de arranque: G:\

Entrada #1
Nombre: Windows  7 -  SD 1
BCD ID: {current}
Disco: C:\
Ruta de arranque: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entrada #2
Nombre: Windows  7 -  SD 2
BCD ID: {afae2d00-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
Disco: E:\
Ruta de arranque: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

• Here the detailed List of my EasyBCD Boot Menu:
Code:
Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier              {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}
device                  partition=G:
path                    \bootmgr
description             Windows Boot Manager
locale                  es-ES
inherit                 {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}
default                 {afae2cfe-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
resumeobject            {afae2ce0-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
displayorder            {afae2cfe-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
                        {afae2d00-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
toolsdisplayorder       {b2721d73-1db4-4c62-bf78-c548a880142d}
timeout                 10
displaybootmenu         Yes

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier              {afae2cfe-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
device                  partition=C:
path                    \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description             Windows  7 -  SD 1
osdevice                partition=C:
systemroot              \Windows
resumeobject            {50166c57-8634-11eb-82aa-806e6f6e6963}

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier              {afae2d00-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
device                  partition=E:
path                    \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description             Windows  7 -  SD 2
osdevice                partition=E:
systemroot              \Windows
resumeobject            {01b70033-8633-11eb-bc6b-806e6f6e6963}

I have simplified my Boot Menu just to access to Windows 7 in the first partition of the Disk and to Windows 7 in the first Partition of my Secon Disk in this way:

1. Windows 7 in C:
  2. Windows 7 in E:

- If I choose the option 1 I acces to Windows 7 in the C: Disk, so it is OK

- But when I choose the option 2 I access too to the C: Disk instead to the E: Disk... so here is the problem... :frowning:

I don't really know what is wrong in the EasyBCD Menu. :frowning:

Please, can you help me with that? I need to access to the E: Drive... :frowning:

Thank you very much indeed in advance.

I just left a voice mail on the owner's telephone, hopefully that will get results quicker.

Sorry, I think your previous message was an error: I haven't got any message in my phone... :frowning:

could you help me, please, with my problem, please?

Thank you. :wink:

Hello again!,

great....! I have recovered my original user.

Thank you very much. :wink:

Now it rest to solve my strange problema with the access to my another version of the Windows 7 :wink:

Thanks a lot. :wink:

by the way, It is corret to have only the C: partion as primary in the first Har Disk or I need to have a primary partition into all the Disks?

Glad your profile works now. I'll let Terry answer that question as I have no idea. BTW your original content may not reappear.

Boot your W7 on SD2 and check check in Disk Management (not the Partition Manager you used in your posts above)
You should see that Windows on SD2 has been marked "boot"

Disk Management flags have the following meanings

"boot" = "this is the system you're running"
"system" = "this is where I found the boot files for the currently running system"
"active" (on the first HDD in the BIOS boot sequence) = "this is where I started the search for the boot files"
"active" (on subsequent HDDs in the BIOS boot sequence) ="this is where I will look if I don't find something in the MBR on the first HDD"

Remember that disk letters are not "real". They do not exist on your PC when it's powered down.
Disk letters are virtual labels unique to the running system. They're entries in its registry device map and they're assigned dynamically at boot unless you've explicitly assigned them yourself in Disk Management.
Each OS has it's own registry and its own device map so no OS cares what any other OS thinks a disk letter should be.
Also each letter can only appear once in the OS device map, so even though both of your W7s think of themselves as "C", they must map the dormant W7 as a different letter.
There are no disk letters in the BCD. The BCD only stores a user-unfriendly UID consisting of a hash of the unique device serial number and the partition offset on that device. It's EasyBCD that translates that UID into a disk letter for your convenience using the registry map mentioned above and it also will use the map on the running system. so when you switch boots between sd1 and sd2, both Disk Management and EasyBCD will appear to have swapped which W7 is "C"

Hello, @Terry60,

I think I see what you mean... If I'm right, each Disk is identified but the sequence that appears in the field "identifier" in each entry of the "Windows Boot Loader", isn't it?

I have just seen that both entries have the same identifier:

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------​
identifier {afae2cfe-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
device partition=C:​
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe​
description Windows 7 - SD 1
locale es-ES​
osdevice partition=C:​
systemroot \Windows​
resumeobject {50166c57-8634-11eb-82aa-806e6f6e6963}​
Windows Boot Loader
-------------------​
identifier {afae2d00-239f-11df-9763-d115450ee6b4}
device partition=E:​
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe​
description Windows 7 - SD 2
locale es-ES​
osdevice partition=E:​
systemroot \Windows​
resumeobject {01b70033-8633-11eb-bc6b-806e6f6e6963}​

So, in fact both entries appoint to the same Disk/Parition, isn'it?

Where can I find the value of the Identifier? I mena... it appears in the properties of the disck or something like that...?

Could it have the possibility that the references to my first and second disk are wrong in the Registry of Windows...? Whe I add my second SSD I clone it from the first SSD... and perhaps that could cause problemas in the Windos Register identifying both disk with the same reference.... How I can be sure that the references to this two Drives are right in Windows...?

It's really strange, because I have tried to mark the E: partition as active, I have changed the boot order when the Computer starts but always loads the version of the Windows 7 in the first SSD Drive.... :frowning:

I'm really desesperated and I don't understand what happens... :frowning:

I have 2 SSD Disks and one IDE Disk. If I add the entry of the IDE Disk to the Boot Menu it loads Ok... but the Problem is always with the second SSD...:frowning:

Ps. I have just seen tha the Identifiers are not exactly the same but they are quite similar... nearly exactly the same. :frowning:

Have you booted W7 on sd2 and checked where the "boot" flag is in Disk Management ?
Over the many years I've been here, I've had many users tearing their hair out because they "can't get an OS to boot", when they've actually been talking to me from the very OS they think isn't working.
Don't play about with the active flag unless you know exactly what you're doing and why you're doing it.

Hello again,

If I have several disks I use the "active flag" to indicate from what Disk/System I want to boot, isn't it?

Here my drive mapping and situation:

1616252914415.png

I have marked in the second disk, the first partition wiht label "WIND_7" as active, so the Computer must to boot from this Patition/Operative System, but it boots always from the Drive labelled with "W_7".

When I boot the computer for knowing in what Hard Disk Drive I am, I look at to the LABEL not to the Letter of the Drive... and I promise you that it boots always from the Drive "W_7" instead the Drive "WIND_7" and of course I know it also because in the W_7 Drive I have a lot of Programs Installed that I don't have in the WIND_7 labelled Hard Disk.

I think the matter could be in the fact that I clone the old SSD to the new SSD and now Windows are "mixing" the Drives and it isn't managing correctly. That's the point when I ask you how can I know if there are correctly mapped in the Windows Registry...

I would like to know, mainly, two things:

- Where can I see if the Drives are correctly mapped in the Windows Registry System?

- How can I see where the Identifier that EasyBCD uses in the "Windows Boot Loader" Menu??

I know that there is something that isn't working fine... Yesterday I was using my Computer from the partition labelled as "W_7" and mapped as C: I was trying to installa a Program but the Program take the path E:\ProgramFiles insted the C:\ProgramFiles... I understand at that moment that Windows has problems with the W_7 and WIND_7 Drives... I was thinking and thinking about that and I make a try: I executed the comand:

%SystemRoot%

If we are in the Drive C: the result of this command should be C:\Windows but it returs E:\Windows.... So that System Variable/value was wrong... I don't know exactly how to fix it... so I add in the Environment of the Variables of the System:

SystemRoot = C:\Windows

I try againt to execute the command %SystemRoot% and now the result is C:\Windows and I could install the Programa without problems...

But until the moment I can't still loads the Windows 7 from the labelled "WIND_7" Drive... :frowning:

I know that is really something strange and is a "galimatias" but I don't know how to resolve it... :frowning:

How can I delete EsayBCD and all the meny entries of EasyBCD and starting from cero and let Windows take the control of the Boot Menu....???

Thank you very much indeed.

The "active" flag indicates to the BIOS which partition on that drive should contain the boot files.
It does not instruct the BIOS to boot from that drive.
If you want to switch the drive you boot from, you must change it in the BIOS or temporarily override it by using whatever PFK your PC uses as you power up.

Stop playing with the active key and trying to second guess what the BCD should contain and playing about with what's in it.

It's quite simple.
Choose which is your default W7 and set the device it's on to be the boot device in the BIOS.
Boot that W7 and add entries for all the other W7s and XPs to its BCD pointing to the disk letters that the booted W7 calls all of the others

(It does not matter what they all call themselves or anything else when they are booted - that's completely unimportant)

Don't change anything that EasyBCD set up. It didn't make any mistakes even if you don't understand why it does what it does.

choose each of the boot menu entries in turn and boot them.

When the boot completes, ignore the disk letter of the booted system and check Disk Management to see that the "boot" flag (the running system) is correctly attributed to the system you just chose in the boot menu.

Ignore all the other BCDs on the other W7s

It's just the BCD on the boot drive that's always in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back