Vista, damaged MBR...

harshsaini

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

I have vista installed on my DELL studio 1535 laptop. and i wanted to install Win XP as a second OS so i tried for "ACRONIS OS selector" and after i run it, it asks me wether to run it on next system restart?
i clicked yes. then on next system restart, i got a screen of ACRONIS os slector i cant understand what to do with it and from option i deactivate it. after that i restart my laptop it was fine without any problem, i got logon screen and i shut it down.

After that i again restart my laptop but i cant get any window vista loading screen.
i got directly DELL System daignos something.
where my OS goes??

After some search on internet i found that my MBR could be corrupted so i follow instructions to repair with "bootrec.exe /fixmbr"
But it is done within 1-2 secs. and my problem is in same place.
when i perform bootrec /scanOS than it shows number of windows installed: 0 (zero)
bootrec /rebuildbcd is not also helping me.
I also tried for:

"bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
c:
cd boot
attrib bcd -s -h -r
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
bootrec /RebuildBcd"

after this it shows me Windows Installation: 1
and ask something and i hit "A" for "all"
imediately after that i check bootrec /scanOS but it is showing me same result as before, no windows installation.
when i repeat above commands of bcdedit i got message :"file is already exist or file could not be found."

now i am between nowhere and cant think any more to resolve this problem.

SO PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Harshsaini, welcome to NST.
If Dell have given you a bootable Vista DVD, use that.
If not, you can download and burn a recovery CD from this site.
Follow the instructions here, and let the "repair startup" do the hard work for you.

Back