Vista Hibernate not working after dual boot

Hi Domino, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this issue - a lot of people arrive to this thread via Google according to our logs, so I'm sure we'll be able to get some sort of feedback on this matter...

In the meantime, why don't you drop by our introduction thread and say hi? :smile:

Hello. I am having the same problem. When I try to hibernate, the screen blackens and then goes right back to the log on screen. Now, I have dual-booted my computer with Ubuntu, but the problem didn't start when I installed Ubuntu. I've had and used it for about 6 months now, and this problem just started occurring. Also, I have Vista Home Basic, so I shouldn't have any problems with the bitlocker that was talked about above. If anyone can help me with this, that would be great. When I get some free time, I'll talk to the people at Dell, and see if they have any ideas.

Hi, i too am experiencing the same problem, I have a desktop pc and it hibernates once, then when i wake it its fine, then when i want to hibernate it again, it just turns the screen off likes its hibernating and sits there unresponsively, the only thing i can do is force shut down, it doesnt even go back to the login screen, it just sits there. and yes ive given it time, ive let it sit there for 12 hours and it does nothing. I never install updates from M$ becuase they always fail and are generally the work of a retarded ape, right now i do have sp2 after there were rumours that it would fix hibernation, no such luck, atleast it didnt break anything. if theres anything else you want to know just ask, i tell the system to hibernate, not standby, because standby does the same thing. thanx for your help!

Back