Wallpapers

As a Sci-Fi buff I like those you have in the gallery CG.

These are the two I use right now @ 1280 X 1024:

xlargewebqc5.jpg

walkingwithorion1600ns2.jpg

nice! I have the second one too :smile:

Nice to see there are still sci-fi buffs left. Reality TV and comedy are taking over the world! :frowning:

Just remembered I use this one on my spare XP partition. Downloaded it when Mars Rovers were the big news - one of which carries my name (along with millions of others) on a DVD for when those aliens come to refresh their Ipod Videos...LOL.

200322a1280wallpapernk5.jpg

Computer Guru said:
nice! I have the second one too :smile:

Nice to see there are still sci-fi buffs left. Reality TV and comedy are taking over the world! :frowning:
Oh... yeah... you're right, BUT! Soon reality will become sci-fi, because this planet is dieing, so people, if they are advanced enough, will move to the next :smile: Now... I would really love the see that, they say it should be around 2060 but we'll see :smile:

I think that NASA still plans on repairing Hubble though, am I wrong? Those rovers have lasted an amazing amount of time beyond their planned life span.
I still have onboard the MER Screensaver. It's pretty well inactive right now as I think the rovers are "resting". When they were up and running it would bring in the daily pictures and a commentary about them.

http://robotics.nasa.gov/mer/screensaver.htm

Yeah, it's amazing the rover was only supposed to be a 9 month mission! :|

I could be wrong, but in Mars the sun is out and winter is over - they're not hibernating any more... At least that's what /. says.

You are right...and the screensaver must have malfunctioned when I previewed it earlier. Now it's bringing in current images.

Your favorite game is... ?:smile:

I love FPS games, only hi quality ones :smile:. This pic is from one of my favorite game, Doom3 (2004):
doom-3-4.JPG

One of these days, when I can afford them, I would like to get a proper gaming joystick/controller, but for one "game" that interests me I would also need foot pedals and I've run out of places to plug things in ...well almost.
Flight Simulator has always interested me. Doom3 yes. There are some others but I can't think right now...too early in the day I guess. Didn't sleep well last night - thunder & lightning all night.

I prefer Quake 4 to Doom 3... but my poor 9550 (overclocked to the 2nd highest world record) just can't handle all that......

:frowning:

Back