Win 7 and Bootmgr is missing?????

ofogao

I’m posting on this forum because I am at the end of my rope.
Let me give you some background.
I have a HP Pavillion desktop running win 7.
A few days ago every time I would watch embedded video and my computer would crash and I would have to restore to a previous point in order to get my computer running.
Well today the same thing happened but I wasn’t able to restore to a previous point.
Instead I formatted my drive hoping to reinstall win 7.
Here’s the problem, every time I try to reboot with the win 7 disk I get black screen with a flashing cursor and then I get the message: Bootmgr is missing, Press ctr,alt,delete.
I did a search on the web and came to your site and decided to try your win 7 32 bit version rescue disk.
I downloaded the torrent and burned the iso file to a DVD.
I put the DVD in the tray and changed the boot order through setup.
When I try booting with your win 7 32 bit version rescue disk, I get the same result.
I get a black screen with a flashing cursor and then I get the message: Bootmgr is missing, Press ctr,alt,delete.

Is there anything that someone can suggest that could help me?

Thanks in advance.
ofogao

You need to boot with your disc if you plan to re-install Windows. Our disc is the same thing, minus the files needed to install Windows.

Go into the BIOS and ensure the disc drive comes before the hard drive in the boot order. When you boot up, press a key to boot from the disc when prompted.

Give our recovery instructions a shot before resorting to a re-install.

If a re-install is absoultely needed, backup your files first.

kairozamorro

Thanks so much for responding, I do appreciate your help.

Let me me get you up to speed as to what I've done.

As I stated earlier, my computer's Bios boots up first through the cd and then the HD.

I put in my win 7 disk and and rebooted. I never was given the instruction on screen to hit any key in order to boot from the cd. Instead I waited and heard what seemed to be the Cd-rom spinning the disk but nothing happened except for a black screen and a flashing cursor and the message:Bootmgr is missing, Press ctr,alt,delete.

I then put in your win 7 32 bit version rescue disk and rebooted and the same thing as above happened.

The third thing I did was try to reboot using an version of xp. At first everything was working out well. It seemed that I was succesfully booting from the xp disk until I got this screen and everything froze!!!

Here's the screen. Sorry for the bad pic!

The last thing I did was that I tried to reboot again using the xp disk. Instead of continuing to the point where I got to above, I decided to press R for repair.
I ran the command CHKDSK when I had a c prompt and received the message:

The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems.

kairozamorro, could it be that my hard drive is toast?? In my Bios it displays the type of hard drive I have, Hitachi T750 / 400 gig, I believe.

Once again thanks to you and anyone that can give me a hand.

Cheers

ofogao:scared:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff559023(v=VS.85).aspx

Important Information If You Have Received a STOP Code

If you have received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact information for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer, Contact Support.
If you have experience with computers and want to try to recover from this error, follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article How to Fix BlueScreen (STOP) Errors that Cause Windows to Shut Down or Restart Unexpectedly.
The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:
  1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
  2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
  3. Check your hard disk for errors.
Cause

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).
Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
Resolution

Resolving a faulty hardware problem: If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
Resolving a faulty system service problem: Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.
Resolving an antivirus software problem: Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.
Resolving a corrupted NTFS volume problem: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.
Finally, check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it.

Looks like a bad driver install to me. setupdd.sys is the file in question.

Thanks Mak 2.0

But the question is how do I repair this????

According to what you posted, it seems its RAM related.

I can't install or even boot???

Do I go out and buy new ram and start from there????

Cheers

ofogsao

Back