Windows 7 Repair Disc

If W7 is working, you should be able to Control Panel > Backup and Restore > Create a system Repair Disc.

I give up. My laptop restarts itself for a update while its lid was closed. I guess it can't update like that.

Also, for the fact that I can't transfer the bootsect.exe to the recovery disk unless I wasn't supposed to. If so, then I have no idea what to do.

My result for step 4:
sucessfully scanned windows installions.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operation competed successfully.

though I have no idea what "del C:\boot\bcd" is used for.

If you can't get past this, then we'll advise on how you can rescue your personal files from the PC before you resort to an OEM "factory reset".
Anyways, I might have to perform this step if things are getting frustrated for me.

Addendum:

Btw, I wonder if inserting a windows 7 installation disk in (and if I must, start everything over) would fix this problem. Does it?

Problem:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Klim6.sys
The driver unloaded without canceling pending operation.

...... (skipping the If part)

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x000000D4 (0xFFFFF88002DA90C0, 0X0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF800031BB2DB

Klim6.sys

The bold letters and numbers- Keep changing each time except maybe the last 3.

Apparently, Klim6.sys is my kaspersky anti-virus that I've downloaded like a week ago. Guessing that I have to remove it, any idea how to remove it without booting up to windows.

Edit: Immediately deleted the file, and problem still continues... Seem like I got to uninstall Kaspersky somehow...

yeah... I need help on how to remove kaspersky or at least how to fix this, so I can go straight back to windows and remove it from control panel. I can't really do much if I can't access my account at all.

Last edited:
Apparently I can get on safe mode right now.

edit: uninstalled Kaspersky lab with Revo Uninstaller. Same Problem still continues...

edit 2: found klim6.sys again in system32/drivers. Trying to remove it completely this time

Last edited:
Antivirus programs don't install/uninstall well if at all in safe mode. Do you have a restore point before Kaspersky was installed/updated?

Antivirus programs don't install/uninstall well if at all in safe mode. Do you have a restore point before Kaspersky was installed/updated?
Sadly, no. When this happens, all of my system restores was gone. (or at least I think that's how it happens).

Apparently, there are about 8 kaspersky .sys files in my drivers folder.

Well, if it doesnt appear in the uninstall list anymore than I guess its safe to remove the drivers.

Well, if it doesnt appear in the uninstall list anymore than I guess its safe to remove the drivers.
Well, it works fine. Blue screen disappears, but another problem arrives. My mouse (USB and touchpad) can't move (can't click either) anymore after my comp fails to configure windows updates. (Using the keyboard to move the pointer)

Device status for both: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).

edit 2: did used some registry programs during the Klim6.sys thing...

Last edited:
Plug the mouse into another available USB port and restart the computer.
As for Antivirus protection replacement, check out Microsoft Security Essentials
doesn't work. Strangely, it works during startup repair but not on normal/safe mode. Going to try to uninstall and install them again.

apparently my connection isn't working either, but going to ignore that until after the mouse problem

going to create a new topic.

Last edited:
Use the keyboard to navigate into device manager and uninstall the mouse driver. When thats done restart the computer.

If the "startup repair" won't fix the problem, even after multiple runs, try moving on to the manual steps in these instructions.

I had a break as seemed to be going round in circles but really need to get it sorted now. I run the Windows 7 recovery disc to get to command prompt and then use CD with bootsect.exe on, can't seem to get them both on same CD/DVD but get message

"D:\bootsect.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

That just means you're not looking in the right place.
You must replace D:\ with the correct path to wherever bootsect is located.
You can search for it like in post #17.

Back