Windows Product Key Tool on Command-Line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadrecs

Hi, i really love the tool, as it is really handy retrieving OEM Keys from our PCs.
But, as i saw in many posts on the product page itself already, i also am missing a really important feature:

the possibility to use the tool from within the command-line and returning the found value as a variable.

We would need this for automatically retrieving the information for auto-Deployments using deployment-appliances like ACMP , Baramundi and so on.

Kind regards from munich, germany,

Markus

I just tried the OEM key tool, and found that it is not retieving the same key that was used to install windows originally.
( I tried it on a PC that has a readable sticker on it ), now I'm not sure I can trust it on the PCs where I have lost the sticker.

It's not for stickered PCs, only those where an OEM embedded the key in the firmware, not home-builds or old OEM PCs where the key was entered via software during setup.

The Short Version : Press the Windows key and R keys simultaneously. Type cmd in the run box dialogue you have summoned, and hit the enter key. In the resulting cmd.exe window, type “wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey” without the quotation marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back