XP Not working

Some of us are just weird like that CG.
Can you imagine Monk's PC with different letter mapping ?

ya ill put up a screen shot later and you will see why...... and yes if you have as many drives as i do and do as much stuff (running vm stations and websites) then ya you would want to mimize confusion.......

lol you have to just start with 64bit

OK this is the end all fix kids for me

with 8 local HHD's and a quad boot, and many network drives and many virtual drives (bout as complex as it gets) and if you have OCD like me and want them all to be the same letters in each this is how its done ok

every where everyone say start with old os's then to new, most times thats right....... wrong here

ok install vista 64 bit first cause its a moody whore and HAS to be the C drive
then IN 64bit insert disk and install 32 bit vista IN windows so the drive letters are good

OK then its up to you if you want to us the grub laucher OR the vista loader, i went with the vista launcher but install the one you WANT SECOND.......

ok so i installed ubuntu NP there and ubutu is smart and dont use letters really so all is good

this is where it gets tricky now insall xp but id recommend to unplug all other drives i had problems telling em apart (8) of them then boot, also this writes the OLD style mbr on, but and you should get in and use partition magic to make this drive letter the letter you want, also i found XP didnt like starting when the vista drive was C, but vista was ok with it........

anyways at that point install the AMAZING app EasyBCD :smile: and set it to use the vista launcher and tell it where the drives are, then i found i can only get ubunto to launch with the check box unchecked to NOT use grub or what ever and then it gives me some error then boots LOL o well it works right

well if this helps one person through the bullshit i had to figure out it was worth writing..........
I can post pics and help with any other questions if needed :smile:

Good luck kids

PS i first tried "VistaBootPRO" b4 i found this app and it didnt work so again props to the app creators and the helpful admins on here :smile:

Hi again junkie, always nice to hear from another neat freak. Glad everything's neat and tidy now.
Perhaps CG will put your instructions somewhere in the wiki, for future use.

Hey Junkie, thanks a million for sharing your steps to success. I'll add a link to this post from the wiki.

FYI, VistaBootPRO is a copy of EasyBCD built on code reverse-engineered from the EasyBCD project.

takes a bow

NP glad i could help...... took a while to figue out and kindof complex problem so was very hard to find help...... GLAD TO HELP :grinning:

ill check in here and there and also try to help in other threads in my free time and ill try to answer any questions

show me

mydesktop.jpg

You can see on far left the drive layout, (and its the same on all)

also on the drive manager you can see the drives and i forgot to put up boot.ini mbr, stuff

DEFAULT OS winblowz vista 64bit
winblowz vista 32bit
microshaft xp pro
Ubuntu x64

2.8 TB's

network drives, virtual drives and all that other jazz :smile:

:booyah:

Back