Computer Gaming

^ yes well

moons are very hard

VERY hard

so how i get things orbiting is be first removing their gravity, so that when they get movement they keep it, and then i add the hover balls to make them stay level.

they are then roped to the top of the "Sun" and i give them a little nug and they are off and spinning.

they are not all spinning in the same direction either, and some come very close to each other lol

moons however i havent been able to figure out yet

the trick is that the planets are orbiting the sun, and if i attach something to the planet in the same manner that the planets are to the sun, they make that thing mess up and wobble back and forth even if its orbiting.

i wish i could get it to work lol

although i havent tried my largest planet and my smallest roped together. lol

i like it alot though, and to figure i started orbiting with the portal weighted cube and a metal rail lol

V portal weighted cube

Attachments

• cube-teal_1280.jpg
    cube-teal_1280.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, but the source engine is getting old, no? It was awesome (first with HDR, first with ragdoll physics I think, and a couple of other "firsts") but it's almost 2008 man!

:grinning:

^ lol

but its an ever evolving engine, with episode one there was a new engine release, and same with episode two.

and actually like always the mods are what keep it alive, and soon the newest engine is going to be added to the SDK!

i have beaten HL2 and not yet episode one yet

havent actually completely beaten HL yet :frowning: lol

Mwhahahaahaa :grinning:

Back in 90s, I didn't really liked Half Life... but... (watch now :tongueout:) my dad loved it :grinning:, he both new pc when he started playing Half Life, and again both another one when Half Life 2 came out (2004) :grinning:.. he is big Half Life fan, he played HL, HL2, HL2: EP1 :joy:, and after he was done playing, it would be my turn :tongueout: so.. yeah I played all HL things that are out there... for my dad HL is the best game ever!:happy:

^ yes well i still have alot of the older stuff to play lol

what i like about the source engine is how it deals with physics and objects

sure the cryengine, and the cryengine 2 are both VERY great engines and offer just as much physics, but the source engine is just fun

GMod is the best, builting and destorying, while the cryengine just has a sandbox editor.

Garrys Mod, any prop/object in HL(1,2 eps 1, eps 2 soon, day of defeat, team fortress two, and so forth. ) any source based game can have its props imported and used

not only that, but NPC's that work, that fight each other, combine vs rebels, 21 vs 21 the rebels usually win, with 6 or 8 other rebels dead, but wow, plain face to face combat.

the map that i have all my pictures from is call ps_huge_construction it is a expanded version of gm_construct and made for the phx storm addon mod.

i talk more later, school work now lol

Dude, you can't say that Garry's Mod and SandBox are the same.. you can't even compare them. They are 2 totally different things.

SandBox is editor where you can make a mod of cryEngine games, you can even make another game in that engine! SandBox is one very powerful thing that manages whole game structure, including setting up level, characters, character animations, all sounds, AI, scripts (missions, checkpoint, scripts on the level), so, everything that takes for game to work. I read a book about SandBox was playing with it..

And what is Garry's mod? Its not even product of Valve :glare:, it can put the level together, help you set up characters, take pics of the scenes... what else??? :angry:

i never said they were the same

i like gmod

i have only messed around with cryengine sandbox version 1.0

as for how much more garrys mod can do

yes it does what you said, but can you make orbiting objects in sandbox?

or online multiplayer?

im not bad naming sandbox, but i am not the technical gaming person, i just can put things together. i tried sandbox, was too much work, and i am no good with that kinda of stuff

i dont know if the newer sandbox's are more object oriented, or what not

i can run scripts in gmod, and i can also download thousands of addons for more props and weapons, and more

i can have a working stargate in gmod

can sandbox do that?

I have to agree with Sarge, sandbox is one of Crysis's most amazing features from what I've heard.

I haven't had a chance to play it yet (my gfx card), but all the reviews out there speak very highly of it..

But Gary's Mod isn't one of the most popular add-ons for no reason, either :smile:

They're both awesome... And if you're willing to put in the work, I think Sand Box is the better program. But like you said, gmod is way easier to use, too.

i never said they were the same

GMod is the best, builting and destorying, while the cryengine just has a sandbox editor.

I think you compared them there. :wink:

i like gmod

i have only messed around with cryengine sandbox version 1.0

as for how much more garrys mod can do

yes it does what you said, but can you make orbiting objects in sandbox?

or online multiplayer?

Yes, of course you can make orbiting objects, anything you can think of :wink:

What do you mean by online multiplayer? Multiplayer level, script or... ?

im not bad naming sandbox, but i am not the technical gaming person, i just can put things together. i tried sandbox, was too much work, and i am no good with that kinda of stuff

You better don't bad name sandbox. Otherwise I'll start to bite :tongueout:

i dont know if the newer sandbox's are more object oriented, or what not

I hacven't tried new sandbox that comes with Crysis, but old one was pretty awesome doing it.. you see there is this thing called "3ds max" and you use it to animate and model things, there is a plug in for sandbox, so you can very easy export directly into engine any model, model can be animated.. and once in the engine, script takes over, you can make object do just anything, you wanna destroy the planet? Model it and texture it, make parts of it, and put it together, export into engine and "tell it" to separate its already made parts with some fireworks and data! planet just exploded.

i can run scripts in gmod, and i can also download thousands of addons for more props and weapons, and more

i can have a working stargate in gmod

Stargate? :smile:

Code:
//* This is script that will move one object from one place to another

//* make model of your stargate, set it up in the level, for the gate it self, you can fill the space with for or something like water shader, or anything else, and player wont see the object he is touching behind that space.

Object "star_gate1" //* this doesnt do anything.

//* Set up small or big point behind that watershader what will be the gate it self.

If "Player" touches "object_transport" destroy instance

Create instance "Player" at "destination_point"

//* you got your self on the other side

This code doesnt work in sandbox, its just my example how things work. (Sargy the programmer :tongueout:)

can sandbox do that?

Yes, SandBox can do anything. I mean.. look at FarCry and Crysis.. guess in which editor they made it? :wink:

Basically, Sandbox let's you write an entire game that does what you want with whatever models and animations and plot lines you like.

It's a tool to *write* a game before anything else. GMod simplifies the processing of editing and creating maps and all, but you can hardly release a game "powered by the gmod engine" or anything.

okay all valid points aside

there have been a couple versions of rht sandbox editor

before farcry went big

the oringal editor was simplely a map maker, i have it, nothing like the SDK for source

The SDK is for making games, and CS was made becuase valve released the SDK for HL

so Gmod was made off that SDK, and so forth with all mods

now sandbox, all that model making, and scripting, i can do that at all iv tried in source SDK

im no good at it lol

as for multiplayer

you can start gmod in either single player

or mutliplayer, which you then either connect via LAN or interent and you can make things with other people

or they have a sombie mod, which i havent played yet, which sounds kool too

gmod isnt a engine, and has never tried to be, it is a sanbox editor, however you can add-on more modes, like space and such, wear things like life-support come in, and then you can add resouce scripts and have an reactor run and power drills to mine.

so many things have already been created for you in gmod

---

as for stargate.

http://garrysmod.org/img/dl/19701_1.jpg

http://garrysmod.org/img/dl/19701_2.jpg

i havent gotten it to work yet, but thats many due to my extracting the mod wrong. lol

but from what i have read, you can spawn two gates, and assign them different codes, and you can dial out from one gate to another, AWESOME! lol

Basically, Sandbox let's you write an entire game that does what you want with whatever models and animations and plot lines you like.

It's a tool to *write* a game before anything else. GMod simplifies the processing of editing and creating maps and all, but you can hardly release a game "powered by the gmod engine" or anything.

Exactly. :smile:

---

Kahai: Cool stargate man!

I still don't get what you mean with muliplayer, maybe that you can connect with another Gmod user and mess around in same level?

---
My XP SP2 crashed TWICE yesterday :tongueout: and updated twice today.. I have no idea what is happening to my SP2 XP..

Last edited:
^ yes exactly (multiplayer)

you can have up to 32 user on the same online server, building things, fighting, and the such

i know crysis is going to have mad ass multiplayer, but you cant have multiplayer ona game engine tool, like you can do with gmod

so everything is understood then... i think maybe we were fighting lol :frowning:

Just to show you how out of date i am. I am just now getting thru Halo: Combat Evolved for the PC. Of course i am doing Legandary as well but just a hint at how far behind i am in gaming. :grinning:

Nothing wrong with that, my friend!

I haven't played a game in a while (waaaaay too much work), but the last game I played (3 months ago maybe) was Halo too :grinning:

Legendary FTW!! :smile: :grinning: :lol:

Yeah. I have palyed for a total of about 6 hours and i just got to the ship after going thru the Halo underworks and destroying the 3 Energy Pillars. So i am hoping that i am close to beating this. Then it will be off to F.E.A.R. and Extraction Point. Then on to Doom 3 and maybe after all that i will get Halo 2 and beat that one. :grinning:

:lol:

I have FEAR, and I've played it and reached almost the very end maybe 4 or 5 times on hardest (haven't played it on any other setting), then always something comes up and I don't have time to play any games.... Then I format and start over :frowning:

It's a great game, wish I'd have time to just sit down and finish it!

In last 3 or 4 months I'm playing FEAR, I was playing it like twice a month, and from today I play more then 3 hours per one "turn" or playing :grinning: so.. I'll be playing it every day and beat it soon... the problem is all levels look the same.. storyline isn't very exiting.. The thing that is very cool is fight it self.. combat..

Also this is last post I'm posting with IE7.. Period.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHA FINALLY FIREFOX! :grinning: I so damn missed it, most of all my bookmarks and shortcuts. :smile:

Last edited:
Back