Computer Gaming

Yeah, graphics are OK.. but I don't think that the bad gameplay has anything to do with the fact that it's an RPG - I loved Oblivion, for instance.....

Then we have different reasons to dislike it :lol: I really don't like RPG. But I played World Of Warcraft for a while :tongueout: and I enjoyed it...

^ lol very good point sarge lol (comment to the last post on the last page lol)

my source engine keeps dying lol

i am making it instantly make things on the mouse click lol

idk

i like to listen to music when i play, and so i run winamp in the back ground, which is fine, it takes up much less RAM then WMP and it can even completely disappear from the screen (save for little icon on the buttom right lol)

16,696k with wmp playing music, while winamp is at 5,176K playing music and hidden lol i <3 winamp :smile:

---

i havent played stalker yet lol

as for RPG's i like them for the most part

elder scrolls is fun lol

as for WOW; however, no not ever again

im into not paying money to play online games, so Guild Wars is my mmo of choice. i like it alot, there are alot of things that it has that WOW doesnt, like NPC henchmen lol

Last edited:
You can't compare RAM usage for anything, not really.

It's a big, huge variable that depends on the PC, the system configuration, the amount of free memory, the version in use, what it's currently doing, what's loaded, the quality of the content being played, processes running in the background, and a zillion other things.

I learned this with EasyBCD, at some point it take 400KB, and at others it reaches 9MB - big difference.

For instance, WMP 11 minimized as a toolbar in my taskbar playing music ATM is using 6.8MB...

Memory usage is one of the most difficult things to properly guage.

Addendum:

Oh, and congratulations on your 600th post, Sarge! Way to go! :grinning:

Last edited:
^^ okaydokay, i just know it runs better then wmp does and i just need a thinner media player for gaming lol and winamp is that for me

however

source has been taking alot of ram lately, it may just be garrys mod lol in the 300,000k lol

^ well

im using VMF suite to instant already built buildings and such, doors that work ( AWESOME) and explosives, i got nukes! lol

right now

nothing lol im just seeing what all is in VWF, theres hundreds of objects working catapults lol

um, working turrents!

Well i made it to the 4th part of 11 in FEAR. So with the rate i am going getting 1 done a day i should be done sometime next week. Wait it wont be for at least a 2 weeks. Thanksgiving and all coming up Thursday.

Nooooooo...:grinning: I got to Interval 5 last night. Not to bad so far. The game is very interesting to me. At least the story. The gameplay is very much the same as the first interval.

Nooooooo...:grinning: I got to Interval 5 last night. Not to bad so far. The game is very interesting to me. At least the story. The gameplay is very much the same as the first interval.
Yeah, for me FEAR was a revolutionary game in some way... it had a real backend to it; like you were in a movie more than playing a normal "kill all the bad guys" FPS...

But most off all... It felt real! Like the VERY beginning when the baddie jumps out at you from behind a trash can - the first time I reached there I was totally freaked (mind you, I don't scare easy - it's just you get USED to something from playing all those other FPS games, then FEAR is so different it takes some getting used to).

Great game, can't wait to actually sit and finish it :grinning:

Yeah i know what you mean. Doom 3 had that affect on me at times. When you are near a dark corner and you knew something was there but when it jumped out you still got scared. :lol:

I got the same thign with FEAR. After playing it so many time from format and re-installs i got used to the little tricks they play on you. That first time i say the guy come from behind the dumpster and smack you. Yeah i jumped in my seat. Just like the first few times you went into a flash and saw the girl just attack you.

FEAR was great at the mind tricks. Better than any game i have played before it. That is the only reason why i have this vendeta to beat it and the Expansion.

i still need to get fear lol

but alas no money that i get to spend lol :frowning:

oh well i have enough games right now that i havent beaten lol

Back