Computer Gaming

I believe he means FEAR. I have the first expansion already. Just have to get thru the game first. :lol:

Well the 3rd FEAR is out already. :tongueout: So it has to be FEAR since that one is already out and not just being made. :lol: Just messing with you.

Well FEAR Gold is out. Which has the full game and the Expansion. That is what i got. Then of course is the new Expansion that was jsut released Tuesday. Have to get that myself. After i get the first 2 done. After a nice full format and fresh install of Vista i have to start over. But now that i know where i am going and what to expect it shouldnt take long.

Well a couple of weeks ago it was my own fault. I was messing up the bootloader so many times. At that point it required a reinstall. Then i got my Quad boot going but that was just out of control having to update 4 OS's. So now i went to a Dual Boot with Vista and Ubuntu. I had FEAR installed with XP.

But even so i usually do a fresh install at least once a month only cause i beta test on my main rig and after a month things just get unstable.

^ ah

that explains then

kool im more of the finished product person myself, i have never actually beta tested anything lol

Well FEAR Gold is out. Which has the full game and the Expansion. That is what i got. Then of course is the new Expansion that was jsut released Tuesday. Have to get that myself. After i get the first 2 done. After a nice full format and fresh install of Vista i have to start over. But now that i know where i am going and what to expect it shouldnt take long.

You don't have to start over, just copy your profile file to flash disc or a cd :smile:

And oh guys, I meant FEAR, I can't stand RPG :tongueout:

Last edited:
Might be :smile: I wasn't sure. Well, I'm not much into RTS as well :frowning: I don't know why... I'm not much of a gamer lately neither. I've been playing FEAR for last 3 months Intervals 1-5, and for 3 days Intervals 5-11.. so you see.. FEAR is a game you can beat in a week max! :smile:

Last edited:
You are welcome guys! :grinning: Umm please tell me the story from first and second expansion, cause think I can't get it.. or maybe I can.. hmm.. :tongueout:
Is this a Sequel or an expansion pack? I thought it was an actual sequel? :S

Anyway, I read the reviews for the FEAR expansion packs and they said that while gameplay was just awesome, you don't learn anything new about the plot/backstory - they were saving new for the actual sequel.

So you haven't missed anything there :wink:

No it isnt a sequel. It is a Expansion pack. Info on it:

F.E.A.R.™ Perseus Mandate

Sometimes One Team is Not Enough.

You are a member of a secondary F.E.A.R.™ team that is brought in to find more information regarding the secret project at Armacham. Expect the intensity of battle to continue in the second expansion pack to the critically acclaimed first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, an all-new stand-alone expansion pack, offers both seasoned gamers and those who have never played the original F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) the ability to jump-in and experience the fright with a brand new team in an all-new experience.

Uncover the mystery that surrounds Armacham and truth behind the Perseus project

Employ new weapons, including the Chain Lightning Gun, Grenade Launcher, and Advanced Rifle

Face off against a horrifying new enemy, the Nightcrawlers

So while it is a Expansion pack. It is also a Stand Alone Expansion. Which is something new. That is why many are probably confusing this with a new game. It is a expansion though. Info found at the Official site.

Game InformationF.E.A.R.™ Perseus Mandate

Is this a Sequel or an expansion pack? I thought it was an actual sequel? :S

Anyway, I read the reviews for the FEAR expansion packs and they said that while gameplay was just awesome, you don't learn anything new about the plot/backstory - they were saving new for the actual sequel.

So you haven't missed anything there :wink:

Ohhh is that so? Then it should be alright... Thanks :smile:

When can we expect sequel?

So while it is a Expansion pack. It is also a Stand Alone Expansion. Which is something new. That is why many are probably confusing this with a new game. It is a expansion though. Info found at the Official site.

lol so funny

maybe they should take a hint from valve, and offer the orignal and the expansions thus far all in one lol oh wait... no money in that lol

how many expansions is this now, three?

Well Valve also did this as well. Episode One and Episode 2 of Half Life 2 were all on sale before the Orange Box came out. Just like they will release a Ultimate Edition of FEAR with the game and 2 Expansions. :wink:

Right now there is only 2 Expansions. 1 is a totally new stand alone that they just released on Nov 6th, 2007.

lol ultimate fear lol :smile:

the orange box was a great idea, it wasnt as limited as episode one was, and had more stuff in it, like HL2 and episode one, along with the advertised episode two, and portal! and TF2!

i dont own the orange box :frowning: money thing agian

but i do have episode one, and hl2 and portal lol

Back