Computer Gaming

I heard some stuff about Far Cry 2.. Ubisoft still has copyright. I wonder why did CryTek sold Crysis to EA Games? :evil:

Yeah... money is magic :tongueout: Now I wonder how did they made Crysis and Far Cry 2 at the same time, they must had people from their mod community activated or something :lup:

(Bye bye *wave* :smile:)

Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry, a game produced by developer Crytek. Crytek will not be involved in this game's development because it has sold all of its rights to the Far Cry series to Ubisoft.
directly from the wiki page: Far Cry 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i think its not a smart move, i loved Fary cry and the whole sci-fi theme, FC2 is supposed to be "more real"

The protagonist of previous Far Cry games, Jack Carver, will not be featured in this game.

a sore loss i say....

Far Cry 2 does not use CryTek's CryENGINE or CryENGINE2. Instead, it will use a heavily modified version of Ubisoft's YETI engine [3], and is called "Dunia", meaning "world" or "earth" in Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages.

HORRI-BABBLE lol

--

while we talk of FC

Far Cry (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MOVIE!!!!!!

yay awesome, it better not suck lol

Ahhhhhhh I knew something was wrong in there about Far Cry 2 :grinning:

Yeah movie sounds great. I'm afraid about Far Cry 2... hmm I'm not familiar with that engine. :scared:

That game is not that bad, + if they say engine is heavy modified, we might get a good game :smile:

I believe Ubisoft has Unreal 3 licence, I'm wondering why they don't make Far Cry 2 in Unreal 3... but alright, Ubisoft wants their own engine in action.. good luck to them :smile:

Well to be totally fair here, GRAW had some real nice graphics, pretty damn gorgeous honestly.

It's only problem is that the engine wasn't efficient and was quite slow on older machines, when other engines would provide similar effects for less resources - I for one would be very interested in seeing Dunia at work, it sounds quite promising in my opinion.. :smile:

so one week until finals start up

and friday is the LAN party for the ACM

we is kicking it old school with some diablo 2 lol

as well as some gmod stuff and other things too ^_^

^ sports finals maybe????

sarge i do believe both of us are talking about college final exams :smile:

yeah they start mid next week

the 11 is the last day for finals, and then we are off on Christmas break for a month almost, classes don't start up again until the 11 of January!

they have a mini-semester during that break lol im not doing that, i will do summer maybe though (if i can get the financial aid for it :frowning: )

Back